This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half little arsonists suck...half sucky 'neighbor'

Not sure where this should go... I consider us all to be 'customers' of our local park, and it reeked of suck to me at the time... but Mods please feel free to move if necessary.

Okay. So the ferrets finally all have their Distemper shots, which means TRIP TO THE PARK! WHOOT. They had so much fun, and the park is just a block down from our apartment, so we can go whenever we want.

On to the suck.

While we were there, two young boys, probably 9-10ish(whom I assume live near by since they had no parents with them) walk over to two trees and start gathering pine needles. Hmmm... thought I.... that looks odd.

I look over a few minutes later and they have a FIRE, a little Pine needle fire. Now while I do not think this is a good thing, it rained quite heavily last night... the ground is wet, the trees are wet... and the fire is tiny.

But it's still a fire. However, we were quite a good clip away from the boys location, but the Beau and I headed over there anyway. By the time we got close the boys had already stamped the fire out and were starting to walk away ((not because they saw us, we were super sneaky, just heading to play else where)) But the Beau and I agreed that at least we could check the little 'camp fire' and make sure it was properly snuffed. All was well and I felt that chasing down someone elses' kids in the park and lecturing them might be a bad idea.

Not this other guy though. He practically RACES up to these kids and looms over them YELLING. I mean they were about 30 ft away at this point an I could here every single syllable he was saying. Now while he had a valid point about them being irresponsible and how playing with matches is bad. He went on to say that he was going to call the police on them, that they shouldn't ever be allowed back at the park they were awful people etc.

THEN he notices me and the Beau and tries to drag US into it. "Did you see what they did! They lit a fire! This park is an important part of the neighbor hood, don't you think they should be ban!!???" etc. I just shrugged and said 'at least they put it out' and walked away. only to hear him start yelling at the top of his lungs for the whole park to hear
    "THESE TWO BOYS TRIED TO SET THE PARK ON FIRE! THEY ARE SETTING FIRES AROUND TREES AND DRIED GRASS! WILL YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO PETITION THAT THE POLICE ARE CALLED AND THEIR PARENTS NOTIFIED! THEY ARE IRRESPONSIBLE AND SHOULDN'T"T BE ALLOWED BACK HERE!"

Now I'm not saying the kids were right... on the contrary... Had we gotten there before they walked off I probably would have cautioned them about fire+trees together not making a good mix. But they were old enough that they should have known this. I think, however, that this guy was on the right path but WAY out of line. he just made me want to take the boys side... even though they were wrong.
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
    I look over a few minutes later and they have a FIRE, a little Pine needle fire. Now while I do not think this is a good thing, it rained quite heavily last night... the ground is wet, the trees are wet... and the fire is tiny.
    Pine anything + Fire = Bad Thing

Pine stuff is full of sap and has a tendancy to pop a lot when it burns, which is one of the reasons you never burn an old Christmas tree in your fireplace, unless you want to sent your house on fire.

But screaming man was waaaay over the top to the point where any reasonable cautions he might have voicee are now going to be completely disregarded by the kids because he's an utter loon.

Moron.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Considering the outcome, it is probably better he was yelling at the kids instead of calling 911 and reporting a fire.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
      X