This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
    Tell me what it was about, the picture on the front or even what colour the cover was and I could probably tell you

Off the Top of my head: Gaunts Ghosts, Cadian Blood, 15 Hours, Ciaphas Cain, Gunheads, Ice Guard, Imperial Guard Omnibus Volume 1

It was LIKE 40k, from what I had read, but it wasn't 40k. It looked like a 40k-does-Company of Heroes with the Soviet army. I was pretty rudely interrupted so I didn't write the name down! /cry!

Eh, I really should of put up a fight but I just wanted my manga. I also work at a daycare center and the last thing I need is to explain to them that a crazy mother is pressing charges on me for smiling at her kid, or whatever. I deal with enough insane parents at work just to know the easiest way to deal with them is let them think they are right...
    You seem to harbor barbaric tendencies. I suggest you visit a physician at your earliest convenience.

Comment

I wouldn't have left either. Fuck the mother who either can't parent or can't handle a little diversity in people's appearances, and fuck the kid who's either manipulating Mom big time or is going to lose her shit the first time she sees a tattoo or a body piercing on somebody.

I'm not going to be kicked out of a business unless I've done something to deserve it. And I don't do things to deserve it. I certainly don't think my looks are so scary as to make somebody want to toss me out of their store.

I'd also never return to that bookstore.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BuggedMei View Post
        It was LIKE 40k, from what I had read, but it wasn't 40k. It looked like a 40k-does-Company of Heroes with the Soviet army. I was pretty rudely interrupted so I didn't write the name down! /cry!

Eh, I really should of put up a fight but I just wanted my manga. I also work at a daycare center and the last thing I need is to explain to them that a crazy mother is pressing charges on me for smiling at her kid, or whatever. I deal with enough insane parents at work just to know the easiest way to deal with them is let them think they are right...
        Rebel Winter by any chance? That Features Vostroyan First Borns that pretty much are soviets in space.

http://img1.fantasticfiction.co.uk/i...49/n245661.jpg

Is the cover btw.
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

No, though, that sounds really cool... o.o

It wasn't part of the 40k series at all. It was next to the 40k books is all.

The only problem is now that I have to find a new bookstore, since the Waldenbooks in the mall closed, and Borders is closing, I don't have anywhere to go when I'm desperate for a manga fix.. the only place I could even think about going is a local comic shop that charges almost double per book. His excuse is that they are all "mint condition"...and the selection is terrible, nor will he order ones I want.
          You seem to harbor barbaric tendencies. I suggest you visit a physician at your earliest convenience.

Comment

Quoth BuggedMei View Post
            No I don't have anywhere to go when I'm desperate for a manga fix
            Try Amazon. They've always been good about shipping orders out to me. For that insta-fix, maybe MangaFox until you can get the books via shipment.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Yeah. I guess online manga is for me now. I have trouble reading manga online just because it feels.. weird. Its why I won't get one of those e-readers. I can't read a book that isnt... a book.

Comment

I second Amazon -- I swore that I would never buy from them, having once worked for an evil book empire myself, but the selection of new and used manga from dealers all over the continent was too sweet to resist. I get all kinds of stuff there that I can't find locally.

Comment

While Amazon can be a good deal, many manga can be found slightly cheaper at Robert's Anime Corner Store. It depends on which publisher does the series, mostly. Some are cheaper on Amazon, some are cheaper at Robert's.
                  It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
                    I would have at least refused to buy whatever I'd gone in there for in the first place after being asked to leave. What a bunch of garbage.
                    Exactly. "Well, I was going to buy about $60 worth of anime books, but it seems you don't want my business." And leave.

Sucky? Perhaps, but no more so than being asked to leave when you've done nothing wrong.
                    Quoth Geek King View Post
                    Some kids can be really manipulative if they find a trick that works consistantly, and I think this child has found hers.
                    Yes, indeed they can. And that behavior needs to be nipped in the bud before they grow up to be sucky manipulative adults.
                    Last edited by XCashier; 04-01-2010, 01:46 PM.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I've had suprisingly good luck buying manga through half.com and ebay.

Comment

Shamless and off topicish, but I found the series that belongs to the book I was looking at!

Its called Flames of War (http://www.flamesofwar.com/)

I did end up ordering a few manga online the other day, so thanks for the input guys. They came pretty fast too, which made my addiction happy.

Comment

I didn't realize there was a Flames of War manga (or novels, for that matter)... As far as I knew, it was just a 15mm World War II tabletop wargame....
                          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                          X