This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously?

This happened about two weeks ago but everytime I remember to post it, I'm offline. It's a sighting that happened to me ( does it still count? o.o ) -- there's a few background tid-bits in () .

So a few Wednesday's ago I had gone to a local Mart of Wall after spending some time at the gym. I needed a new computer ( old 7-year computer went kaput that weekend ) and Wall of Mart had a much better deal on a computer then Buy of Best ( about $400 for 4 GB memory and 750 GB HD with no monitor, which is okay since I already have a two month old 19" flat screen anyways ).

I'm going back to the electronics when a guy stops me and asks me where something is. Now I was not exactly dressed as a Walmart employee: I was in a lime green shirt, purple pants, and white sneakers. This was my workout clothing, which looked NOTHING like the Walmart uniform.

Guy repeated question, I just looked at him funny and continued on my way back to getting my brand spanking new computer. I don't know if I got "fired" or not but when I passed the guy on the way out, he didn't seem too happy to see me go out without helping him.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Don't worry, next time you're in that store, you'll be "fired", and they'll bitch you out nonstop for not helping a customer while you're in the store.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
      This happened about two weeks ago but everytime I remember to post it, I'm offline. It's a sighting that happened to me ( does it still count? o.o ) -- there's a few background tid-bits in () .

So a few Wednesday's ago I had gone to a local Mart of Wall after spending some time at the gym. I needed a new computer ( old 7-year computer went kaput that weekend ) and Wall of Mart had a much better deal on a computer then Buy of Best ( about $400 for 4 GB memory and 750 GB HD with no monitor, which is okay since I already have a two month old 19" flat screen anyways ).

I'm going back to the electronics when a guy stops me and asks me where something is. Now I was not exactly dressed as a Walmart employee: I was in a lime green shirt, purple pants, and white sneakers. This was my workout clothing, which looked NOTHING like the Walmart uniform.

Guy repeated question, I just looked at him funny and continued on my way back to getting my brand spanking new computer. I don't know if I got "fired" or not but when I passed the guy on the way out, he didn't seem too happy to see me go out without helping him.
      A woman who overheard a CW and I discussing how troublesome the elderly were for us (at the time I was employed at the movie theatre) relayed a similar story, also involving... the Wall of Mart. A man kept harrassing her, asking her where things were, despite the number of times she said she didn't work there. She too was just shopping. Evenutally, the SC said he didn't care if she worked there or not, she was young and therefore had to lend a hand to her elders! She told us she literally RAN away from the man after she'd had enough. I lol'd. But yes, you're not alone in this ridiculous situation.
      "All god does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Invisible Monsters

"The only thing stronger than fear is hope." - Suzanne Collins

Comment

Wasn't there someone here who said they got into trouble by management for not helping out customers? And the person didn't even work at that store. They were just shopping around and told someone that they didn't work there when they were asked for help.

My friend and I were at Best Buy recently looking at a laptop that she wanted to get. Someone came up to her and started to ask her for help on someone. She told him that she didn't work there. Her and I had been discussing the laptop's stats and he thought she was helping me. It was kind of the other way around though...

Comment

i got stopped a lot at some of the grocery stores when i was visiting my family

mom said it was probably because i wasn't carrying a purse (i rarely use one)

Comment

I got stopped in a hardware store a couple of weeks ago. How he mistook me for an employee, I'll never know. I had my jacket on (navy blue, comapred to the royal blue of the employees polo shirts), my purse on my shoulder and was carrying a basket.

Comment

The only time people ever ask me if "I work here" is when I'm in my vest while doing store-related things. Saddening.
              SC: "Are you new or something?"
              Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Working...
              X