This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying old grouch at the high school auditorium

My daughter and I went to see Arsenic and Old Lace performed by teachers at her high school the other night, and a crotchety old guy sitting right behind us complained the whole night. Fortunately, he didn't talk during the performance, but at each intermission, and there were many, he bitched very loudly and constantly about what a terrible performance it was, how bad the acting was and how they should have rehearsed more, how he wanted his money back and was going to leave and on, and on, and ON. It was all I could do to keep from punching him in the face. I mean, come on. It's a high school faculty play, tickets were only $5, the kids loved watching their teachers try to act, and I didn't see anybody holding a gun to his head making him stay. Sheesh.
    "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

WTF!?

He paid $5. Five measley stinkin' dollars. And he expects Broadway-caliber acting?

Some people get off on complaining about anything they can, I guess.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Aw, c'mon! You know how the old people are. Don't be surprised when they complain about something. It's what they do. And they're so good at it because they've been doing it FOREVER!
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        He paid $5. Five measley stinkin' dollars. And he expects Broadway-caliber acting?
        I have a feeling this guy would complain even if he did get Broadway-caliber acting for $5. I suspect he bitches that the sun isn't bright enough for him every morning.
        "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Good grief! Seriously. It's a high school play!

Comment

I attended a performance of 'On the Night of January the 16th' in college, as performed by the drama department and it kicked ass. However, there was one part, in which the character was supposed to be somewhat shy and introverted. The girl playing her said her lines quietly, as you'd expect.

Because of this, an old man in the front row yelled, "Speak up! I can't hear you!"

And she did, looking directly at him and shouting her lines at him. It was a scream. Literally, come to think of it, but because the drama department had decided to take an otherwise moralistic and somewhat dull play and put a comedic twist on it, it was wonderful.
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
            X