This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude worker at a music store

I rarely witness sucky workers but this guy was memorable, I went out to finish up my Christmas shopping and thankfully did. I did my shopping at a strip mall and after I finished picking up a book for a friend of mine, I decided to use my left over money to get something at the music store. This is a local music store and it is a perfect example of an independent store. Everything being stored in milk crates, band posters all over the walls, and good old fashioned vinyl records for $2. I pick up a few purchases and then decide to go pay. My hair is long but it isn't that long, at best it reaches my collar and covers most of my neck and it flys around if it gets windy. As I am paying for my purchases the clerk at the counter writes a not-so-subtle message on my bag reading: You can have these for $5 if you go to the haircut place next door and get a haircut.

The only people who have every right to comment on my hair are my parents. Not some stranger who doesn't know me.
    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 12-20-2006, 01:11 AM.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Wow what a jerk!

Comment

If I were on the receiving end of unprovoked personal insult from an employee of a business I was in, I would turn to a colleague of the offender and ask [politely] to have a supervisor or manager summoned ASAP to deal with a customer complaint.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

My hair is past the middle of my back and I'd pretty much dare him (or anybody) to say anything about it.

Comment

I would've screamed at him to get a supervisor and make sure he got his ass chewed out. It's nobody's business how you want your hair.

Comment

I don't know why, but I'm envisioning the clerk as some gangly geek with a myspace haircut.

Pot, meet kettle.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The rude little loser! Its none of his business how you have your hair. I would have complained to his manager.

What's a myspace haircut? I have a vague idea, but not entirely sure. Is it someone who's so trendy it hurts?
              A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
              - Dave Barry

Comment

Long hair???
                Isn't that the typical demographic for that type of music store?

Comment

Barefootgirl, here's a pic of a myspace haircut: http://sydney.diarystar.com.au/useri...1149473066.jpg

The guy was older, not a myspace geek fortunately. But come on, it's my hair and I'll do what I want with it. I can only imagine how he would react to my buddy R, who has dreads that reach his butt and has a full beard in the process. The next time I go there and I recognize him I'll be sure to talk to his manager after I've gotten another message on my bag.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

OMG! My co-worker's son has that last haircut!
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Heh heh heh... If you stretch out the waves in it, my hair stops about three inches short of my waist. Ironically enough, as a gay man, it is only when my hair is really long that I get a lot of attention from the ladies.

Make note of that. Long hair = attention from ladies. Be sure to point this out should anyone else care to make an unnecessary and rude comment about hair length.
                      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

A long-haired man in a music shop?! What a rare and unusual occurance!

I mean, duh. Most musicians and music fans have long hair! It comes with the territory. And the clerk is shocked at your hair length?! I think a little reality check is in order:
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post

Make note of that. Long hair = attention from ladies. Be sure to point this out should anyone else care to make an unnecessary and rude comment about hair length.
                          Maybe I'm just old, but I have always preferred my guy to have short hair, and he prefers my hair long (I'm a gal, in case anyone was wondering).

Either way, I keep mine how I want, and he keeps his how he wants (in a paper bag).
                          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                            I concur! Long hair gives a man a whole Viking/Rohirrim soldier kind of appeal to him, at least in my opinion.
                            Last edited by Posture Moll; 12-27-2006, 02:24 AM.
                            Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

I like men with short hair and clean shaven, but I would never dream of telling a total stranger how they should look or wear their hair.

The clerk was rude and totally out of line.
                              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
                              X