Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like long hair, but it has to be good hair. Short hair is fine, too. Depends on the guy, the hair, and how it works with the guy's face and look.

Took me a while to get used to it when the husband finally cut his this past year. It looks great, but I've known the guy for about 20 years, and he had hair like Slash the entire time. His hair is thick, shiny jet black, and falls in tight curls like telephone cables. When we started dating, it was halfway down his upper arms. Georgeous.

He's greying at the temples, and the grey hair is not curly, so it looks kind of wild. So he cut it into a bushy short cut. It's cute!

While it was long, my mother and my grandmother used to drive me nuts complaining about his long hair. It really used to piss me off. I always told them, "go tell HIM you think he needs a cut, I don't want to hear it!" Of course, they never had the nerve to tell him to his face. It used to annoy the crap out of me. His own mother hated it, too. Once she said "Why don't you tell him to cut it?" And I responded with "Because I like it. And because I don't tell him what to do with his own hair." Really, why all the angst about a guy's hair legnth? It was clean, it was healthy, and it looked great. So what? Here I have a man who treats me like royalty, is responsible, works hard, is a great provider, and all these woman can think to say is he needs a HAIRCUT????

Comment

*grins and plays devil's advocate*

Hey, I'm sure the guy meant no harm. Maybe they just had some kind of special going with the salon next door!

"Bring back a receipt as proof that Joe Blow Bros. cut your hair and we'll cut your prices!"

Mmmmmm...

Nah.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
        Barefootgirl, here's a pic of a myspace haircut: http://sydney.diarystar.com.au/useri...1149473066.jpg
        I know a guy at work with a hairstyle like that.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Right now, my husband's hair is a lot longer than mine. Mine is a little below my shoulders because it looks good and it's the perfect length for my life.

My husband has naturally curly, wavy hair. He's been letting it grow for a while. It's beautiful, clean, and I love it. Definitely the Viking thing. Can't help it, it's genetic.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

As long as said hair isn't a skullet, leave it long.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

A bit but... I'm thinking to myself that as much as I like guys with long hair, I've never gone out with one. How odd.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Posture Moll View Post
                I concur! Long hair gives a man a whole Viking/Rohirrim solidier kind of appeal to him, at least in my opinion.
                Oh, but it is such a pain in the ass to deal with. When I noticed my first grays I decided to let it grow long since I never had it long before. It got down to about my elbows before I cut it. And boy am I ever glad I did.

I had something like nine-zillion types of goo to take care of it.

When it was humid it looked great, lots of sausage curls, but when it was dry it was all over the place.

When I had to do something where I wasn't standing or sitting upright I had to find some way to reatrain it.

The weight of it made the thinning more apparant.

I was always pulling great gobs of it out of the drain.

The cats thought it was a toy.

I have a gotee and did at the time and I got sick of being called D'Artagnon.

It seems that women who prefer long hair will still talk to a guy with short hair. Women who don't like it won't give a long haired guy the time of day.

I finally had my GF at the time braid it for me and I went to an old fashioned barber shop and got a "regular" haircut. I definately don't regret that decision.
                Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

I'm a total myspace whore and I don't have any of those cuts lol

This sucky employee moment is one of those situations where you just keep your opinions to yourself. There were tons of customers I encountered that I would have loved to have said "Honey, no one's had their hair like that since 1984" or "Dear, only Mimi on Drew Carey can pull off blush like that!" or "Um.....you look like a bum...cut your hair!".....but I kept it to myself because I KNEW I'd get in trouble for it and it's just plain rude to say things like that out loud. We can only imagine the things others would say about us, can't we?
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Well, when I started working at musical instruntment store years ago (I'm no longer empoloyed there) the boss man had long hair and a beard. Pretty much almost everyone gave him bit of hard time about it but we knew he was doing it for good reason because after couple of years he cut it but kept the beard and donated the hair to Locks of Love or a similar charity (I can't remember). I don't think anyone said he should get a hair cut or him saying something about a person saying that to him. Also he's a musician (at that time it was just the tuba) so he kind of got away with it.
                    Last edited by rdp78; 12-27-2006, 02:48 AM. Reason: added something
                    Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                    My space
                    Facebook

Comment

And they work in a music store, where metalheads with hair longer than yours flock to?
                      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Maybe they only sell stuff by Sting and Enya

Comment

Working...
                        X