This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do You Think You're GOING?

So, as I was working at my job, standing on the corner dressed up like the lovely mascot that I am, I was witness to one of the most ridiculous sights I've ever seen.

Today a Jeep Grand Cherokee PLOWED into a historical building on my little town's main street, thus collapsing the building and causing much damage and multiple fatalities. It's a big thing in a small town. My tax firm is on a corner of an intersection that had the closing on it, so only three of the four roads were usable and it being main street you can imagine there was a whole lot of traffic trying go down tiny side streets and much bumf*ckery going on.

This car comes out of nowhere, going twice the speedlimit and then SLAMS on the breaks in the MIDDLE of the intersection and starts trying to turn onto the closed portion of main street. Needless to say there are instantly two old guys in the way and the lady inside the vehicle is SCREAMING her fool head off that she HAS TO GET IN THERE!!!

Stupid Lady: I HAVE TO GET IN THERE, THERE'S NO OTHER WAYYYYYYY!!!

Old Man: You have to take O Street, it runs parallel, it's not that big of a deal, but you CAN'T GO DOWN THIS STREET.

SL: I HAVE TOOOOOOO!!! *Screaming I can't understand*

OM: THERE IS AN ACCIDENT, THE ROAD IS CLOSED!

SL: I DON'T CARE, LET ME THROUGH!

OM: Ma'am, there are people DEAD, you CAN'T GET THROUGH HERE, GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF THE INTERSECTION NOW!!!

She left then but seriously, SERIOUSLY, there's a giant red tarp being held up across the road so nobody gets to see the DEAD BODIES when they're pulled out, how in the hell does she think they're going to let her DRIVE down that road?!

And I thought I had it bad at MY job. Sheesh.

Wowsers - puts some of the shitty days I've had lately into perspective.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Wowsers - puts some of the shitty days I've had lately into perspective.

Rapscallion
      Ditto.

If those were her relatives, she'd feel differently... (possibly)

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        Ditto.

Except I suspect that she's the sort of person who could and would make someone else's funeral all about her. Since the whole world is focused on HER, after all.
        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

You would be horrified by the number of people who just don't get that 'Road Closed' applies to them too. (as shown here)
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            Ditto.

Maybe they WERE her relatives, or people she knows. Maybe she just got the call that the accident happened and she was hysterical.
            I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
              Maybe they WERE her relatives, or people she knows. Maybe she just got the call that the accident happened and she was hysterical.
              I can guarantee you that at every single road closure this happens. It's also never the relatives that try to get through by car.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I so wish I could find the link to the news article from a few years back when someone refused to believe the road was closed...and plowed into the sign....and the car went several feet down into where new zoning was being constructed.

Just for shits and giggles *and Starbucks* I took the other way home yesterday, and while I was driving past some other new zoning project, I saw another bashed in, tipped over "ROAD CLOSED" sign...next to the several foot drop.

I am just going to sit back and convince myself that it truly was very, very windy last week, and with the quickly passing storm Friday that made the wind gusts over 50 mph for a period, it is possible that's what happened....
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                X