This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A short follow up.

The incident happened on Saturday. On Easter Sunday, my church had a special offering taken up for a homeless shelter/food bank ministry in my city. An anonymous, cash donation of $440 was placed in an unmarked envelope and dropped in the basket.

That is all I am going to say.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
      An anonymous, cash donation of $440 was placed in an unmarked envelope and dropped in the basket.

That is all I am going to say.

'Nuff said, actually.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Very nice.

In fact, I think that deserves...

Last edited by El Pollo Guerrera; 04-06-2010, 07:29 AM.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I would have done the same thing. *claps*
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I'd like to hope I would have done the same thing. Can't promise that I'd be able to withstand temptation, but I hope so.

There's a story about Rabbi Chaim Halberstam (1793-1876), who was grand rabbi of Nowy Sącz, Poland, from about 1830 until his death. He once knocked on the window of his study, beckoning a man in the street to come in. When the man entered, he asked him, "Tell me, if you found a satchel full of gold dinars in the road, would you give it back to its owner?" The man answered "Certainly, Rabbi, I would give it back immediately!"

The rabbi said, "You're a fool," and dismissed him.

He again called a man in from the street and asked him the same question, and the second man answered, "No, I'm not such a fool as to return a satchel full of money that came to my hands!"

The rabbi said, "You're a wicked man," and dismissed him.

A third time the rabbi called in a man from the street and asked his question, and the man said, "How can I answer the rabbi? Do I know in what situation I'll be at the time I find it, and whether I'd have the strength to vanquish my evil inclination? I can only hope that the Almighty will give me the strength and the wisdom to do the correct thing and return the money!"

The rabbi said, "You're a wise man; that is the proper way for a person to answer..."

(By the way, as I see it you get good karma twice: once by donating the money to a good cause, and once by giving the original owner of the money the opportunity to perform a charitable act that he would have never done of his own volition, and thereby accumulate some karma of his own. Who knows, he may need it down the road, the way he's been acting up to now.)
            Last edited by Shalom; 04-09-2010, 06:34 AM.

Comment

You have personally just lifted humanity's ranking 10points! I tip my hat to you!

Kinda reminds me of when I did an ebay sale, but the buyer never got the package. She didn't want her money back, because I was out the item, but I told her it wasn't fair that I got them money. So in the end, we agreed to donate the amount to the Humane Society
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Well all I have to say is
                Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Great story. XD hopefully the loser's punishment didn't cause him serious harm, and was still harmful enough to teach him a lesson. >:}

Comment

Working...
                  X