This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I care why?

This is a sighting that happened today after returning home from seeing mum.

You know, it's really a small world. While shopping at the Lowe's in Savannah, I ran into this lady who I'll call M. At one time I tried training M, and you may remember my horror stories of her. If you don't, allow me to quickly recap.

During training she wrote EVERYTHING down. She even took notes in the training class, and would refer back to them later. This would annoy even the nicest zone manager, when M would try to contradict what they said with her notes.

M had this very sing songy nasal voice. Wasn't her fault sure, but it still annoyed me.

She had this attitude of "I'm older than you, so your rank doesn't matter." Since I was younger than her, she'd ignore my orders as a Head Cashier and do what she wanted. She even went over my head once about this. (Manager had STERN words for her when he found out.)

So, as you can see, I grew to HATE M. I've never hated a person in my life, but I can honestly say I hated this woman with a passion. So imagine my shock when I ran into her.

Seeing M in the store sent me into full stealth mode. I really didn't want to deal with her at the time, and knew that if I wasn't careful she was going to say something to me. Since I hated her, and it was generally known when I "left" (translated was released) the company, I just figured I'd avoid any confrontation.

I failed.

As I was heading to check out, my plants in hand, I hear this really nasal voice that I thought I'd escaped.

M: Repsac!!! Oh Repsac!!!!

Inwardly and outwardly I cringed. It was one of those "Oh god no..." type of reactions. Turning I nodded at her before starting to check out. She was not deterred in the least. Tromping right up, she went on in that evil voice.

M: Repsac, I suppose you heard the news....
    R: (Looking right at her. I walked into it.) "What news?"
    M: Oh I just made the sales for the quarter. I won the car.

I peered at her a moment here. "The car?" I had to think and it took a bit for me to remember that the company would award a car (a cheap assed one too) to the person who made the most sales over a quarter every year. Sounds like a big deal, but they gave out some 200 of those things every year.

I must have stared a while, for she kept that simpering smile on her face and repeated:

M: You know. The car. They wrote about it in the company news letter, certainly you saw it.

At this point, I started to wonder if she was making fun of me, or was really that stupid. Stupid enough to not know that three years prior I had been (to put it mildly) sacked.

I was less than civil with her, though I don't regret it. Did apologize to the cashier checking me out though. Paying with my card, I turned to M while I waited.

R: M, tell me something. Why would I even care if you'd won "the car" as you keep putting it? I haven't worked for the company in years. That's like walking up to a total stranger and telling them you won an award for attendance from school. Do you want a little pat on the head, someone to tell you that you did a good job? Don't expect one from me. Like I said..." (at this point I picked up the part I had gone after) "I really could care less."

At this point I turned to the cashier, smiling some and apologized to her, before walking out of the store.

Even now, I have to wonder why she wanted to tell me that. As I said, it was common knowledge (she'd even asked me about it as I was cleaning out my locker) that I hated the woman.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Sooo...Why are you gone and she's still there? She sounds like a fruit if she hadn't noticed your absence for 3-years!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
      Even now, I have to wonder why she wanted to tell me that.
      Because she's stupid, has alienated pretty much everyone she knows, and when she saw you she knew she knew you, but couldn't manage to dredge up the information that she'd already alienated you because it was so long ago.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think she was trying to upset Repsac by showing how much better she is doing than he is, although it's only in her mind that that is actually the case.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Because even after all these years, she still had to tell you so you would know she was clearly better than you. How petty.
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

On the bright side, her owning a car increases her chances of dying in a car crash.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

If she's as loathsome as you say, you were more polite than was warranted. I wouldn't have even acknowledged her presence.
              Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

I hope she doesn't become your Janis... "Oh. My. GOD."
                And I really hope you're farmiliar with friends... if not, here's Janis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfBh8rthdL0

She appears a few times every season just when they thought they finally escaped her LOL.
                "All god does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Invisible Monsters

"The only thing stronger than fear is hope." - Suzanne Collins

Comment

Working...
                X