This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused Amazon buyer

There's a listing on Amazon for "25 assorted D&D miniatures" which I've been utilizing to get rid of my spares; the lots I've been sending out have been mostly uncommons with one or two rares thrown in. I just don't really want to bother researching and listing most of them individually (the really good ones I am doing this, but the majority--for me-- aren't worth the time expended).

A bit of backstory: It USED to say "50 assorted miniatures", but the listing was changed by the primary featured seller (maybe they were running low on inventory); I had sales both before and after the listing change with no complaints. The featured review from 2006 mentions 50 minis, but the title says 25.

Last night, I get a message from a buyer about a sale that was processed and shipped over a week ago.

--"I thought I was buying a lot of 50 miniatures"...um, it says 25 in the title, you had two confirmation screens, one email and a week to let me know you wanted to cancel. If you had a history of buying this item before the listing changed I might cut you a break, but you don't.

--"The lot is now selling for $15, I'd like to know what you plan to do about this". I can't do anything; the $15 seller wasn't even on the radar when you made the purchase so that is irrelevant. Amazon isn't Paypal; no partial refunds. My price was very reasonable for being the only one listed, and given that I was out-of-pocket for shipping you got an even better deal..

I'm ignoring him for now as I fulfilled my end of the transaction; if the clown files a complaint with Amazon I suspect his only leg to stand on is his claim that the listing said 50 (it says 25, and he can't claim I changed the listing as I don't have the capability to do that).
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 04-10-2010, 03:27 AM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

it's funny, I literally ordered the 25 assorted minis on amazon yesterday, I don't believe they shipped yet. me and my friends have just started D&D and we needed some mini's to flesh out the encounters. small world lol

Comment

Heh, cool (rest assured you're not the subject of the above rant ). I sent you a PM; if you get the lot and are still in need of some specific creatures, I can see what I have left.

Comment

I've thought about selling stuff on Amazon, but I've always been worried about the return policy. It's basically that the buyer can return things for almost any reason. No way should a seller be out time and money due to a a lousy case of buyer's remorse.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yeah. A store having a return policy is one thing, but secondhand "yard sale" sellers should not be forced into it due to the nature of the merchandise (not necessarily brand new).

Luckily I've never had to deal with a return, but I was wondering about the process. As has happened to me on ebay, a buyer could keep the parts they want, return the rest--or claim damage and swap their ruined widget with the seller's good one--and the seller has no choice but to refund completely.

Just in case, my bank has it on file that only deposits from Amazon are allowed.
          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 04-10-2010, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X