This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...really!?

so the other day The Boy, his dad and stepmum, and i went to the grand canyon caverns for a tour. it was pretty impressive. they had tours every half hour. the first person/group to sign up for the tour got to decide if it was the "long tour," seeing the entire cave system (about 45 minutes), or the "short tour," seeing just the first main cavern (about 20 minutes).
    when the four of us returned from our tour, we were wandering around the gift shop. i overheard the following conversation
    (paraphrased, as this was two days ago)
    SC: brat lady
    SCH: her husband
    GSL: gift shop lady

GSL: so...it looks like our next tour is a short tour at 1! want me to sign you up for that?
    SCH: short tour?
    GSL: *explains the difference between tours*
    SC: oh we want the full experience. we'll do the long tour at 1
    GSL: i'm sorry...the tour at 1 is the short tour. you can be the first to sign up at 1:30 for a long tour, though
    SC: what? but we don't want to wait that long. why can't we take the long tour at 1?
    GSL: the first people to sign up for a tour decide on which one it is. we only have 3 tour guides...i'm sorry!
    SC: fine. whatever
    GSL: *goes off and gets the poker tokens that act as tickets*
    SC: that's fuckin' retarded it's not my fuckin' problem that they don't have enough guides they should be better staffed blah blah blah biiiiitch bitch biiiiich blah blah blah

aaaand we leave. i was actually irate after that. The Boy had to keep me from going back in and giving her a piece of my mind.
    even just thinking about her kinda makes me miffed.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

oO And the boy is a soldier... I'm surprised that he didn't help you. Protecting this country also means protecting from the dumb.

Poor tour guide that got stuck with her.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
      oO And the boy is a soldier... I'm surprised that he didn't help you. Protecting this country also means protecting from the dumb.
      lol i don't think he heard her. and we had to catch up with his dad and stepmom.

...we did get a military discount on the tours tho. that was pretty cool.

^_^

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post

Poor tour guide that got stuck with her.
        Sailor Plaid.

Sorry, I just get annoyed when ppl confuse us.

btw, just an observation...but he keeps getting farther and farther away from where he (Navy) should be

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
          Sailor Plaid.

Sorry, I just get annoyed when ppl confuse us.

btw, just an observation...but he keeps getting farther and farther away from where he (Navy) should be
          DOH. That's what I get for not remember. Sorry Green fairy. I honestly thought he was soldier.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

No worries Plaid. I only know b/c I make it a habit of remembering ppl's branch of service.

I just realized...Green Fairy, does he wear those blue BDU's?

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
              No worries Plaid. I only know b/c I make it a habit of remembering ppl's branch of service.

I just realized...Green Fairy, does he wear those blue BDU's?
              actually, no he doesn't. and i keep forgetting he's a sailor too...he's never been on a ship. small boats and such.

^_^

Comment

Everytime I see a sailor in those, I thank my lucky stars I'm Air Force.

Comment

And then they put you in Full Service Dress, and people want to ask you what's the fare to Albuquerque.
                  The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
                    And then they put you in Full Service Dress, and people want to ask you what's the fare to Albuquerque.
                    What does that mean?

Comment

Maybe the uniform has changed since I was in the AF, but Full Service Dress for me included the Bus Driver Hat - as we called it.
                      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I think that's only for Honor Guard and Flag officers.

Comment

Ah - when I was in, it was required any time you wore the jacket. I still have mine.

Comment

Working...
                          X