This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    I don't rotate my tires like I should, but when I notice one is getting very worn, I'll go and get two completely new tires, have those put on the front, have the two best of the remaining put on the back, and then have the best of the last two for my spare.
    http://www.cartalk.com/content/colum.../April/01.html
    ...Tire manufacturers and safety people now recommend that your "better" set of tires go on the back, even if you have a front-wheel-drive car....
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I live in a place that gets about a dozen days of rain a year and maybe an hour of snowfall (it never survives actual landing) once a decade. I don't think I have to worry about losing control of my car due to slippery road conditions and less-than-optimal rear tires.

If I did, however, I can certainly see the wisdom in having the better tires on the back, which don't have any ability to allow you to steer or change rotation speed (except for braking) to help correct loss of traction.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X