Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fleas can cocoon in your home and survive that way for about a year; once the temp and humidity reach optimal, they'll hatch out.

as for the ticks, i'm surprised they actually performed surgery on the dogs, considering their condition was a risk factor to begin with.

i've seen dogs like that; it's heartbreaking!
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

This year has been so bad for ticks. I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi who has 3 inch legs and double-coated fur. The average number of ticks I pull off her daily is between 9 and 11. Even with flea/tick treatment she just gets swamped with them.

I've taken to feeling her up/down around 3 times a day. She thinks I'm just giving her puppy massages.

The area I live in is one of the highest risk zones for ticks and so far everyone I've run into with a herding-type dog (low, lots of hair, or both) has had to remove dozens of ticks from their dogs. Our poor dogs would be ticks head to tail if we didn't pull them off.

Also, am I the only one who thinks ticks are some of the nastiest, creepiest little bugs? ><

*edit* For flea infestations be sure and check your animals for tapeworm spores in their poop. Our corgi got fleas from her hunting dog pals, and ended up with a bad tapeworm infestation to boot. Having a dog run into the house with a 12 inch worm hanging from their butt is a good way to test your gag reflex.
      The fleas carry the tapeworm eggs and when animals eat the fleas while cleaning themselves, they end up ingesting the eggs too.
      Last edited by aniwahya; 05-03-2010, 05:17 AM.
      The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
      If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Working...
      X