X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth stupid father
    Oranges are round.
    "Horsies are pretty. I eat paste."
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm sorry about your day, and I too, am waiting on the outcome of this story.

You write eloquently.
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I would have told the coat hanger guy to STFU. Wow looks like people were just aiming for you. Gah. Sorry your day sucked. I've been told I have an "F off" look and I usually don't get talked to in public. I am pretty shy and prefer to keep to myself and I don't like to interact with strangers, especially sucky ones!

Comment

Okay, it's been a LONG time since this story now, but there was a good reason for me to not update so quickly - the day after all this was resolved, my handbag got stolen (worst birthday party ever), my parents got stuck abroad because of the volcano in Iceland, I had to arrange alternate care for my 2 year old sister and my special needs sister, move back to uni and I'm in the middle of exams, I just really want to avoid revision right now.

Anyway, way back then, I called up G and got him to suit up and accompany me. We got to her house and knocked. A man answered the door and we told him that we wanted to speak to the stupid cow and we had her wallet. He identified himself as her brother and said to me, "Oh you must be the oh-so-evil egg contaminating neo-nazi girl... I'm so sorry about that." He went on to tell me that since her husband died she's gone completely off the rails. The brother had moved in to help her out in her time of need, so he's looking after the kids and all (so at least they're safe) and he's taking his sister to grief counseling and doing everything he can - and he was looking pretty exhausted for all his efforts.
          Yes, of course this could have all been a lie, but by the amount of flowers I saw in his hallway and on his doorstep, I was inclined to believe him. I figured there was no real harm done, and bereavement does lead people to do crazy things (my grandma put hair remover all over her head when her husband died, so she was bald 'just like he was'). I asked her brother to really keep an eye on her. He said he would.

The next day, on my way to my birthday party, I passed their house and saw the whole family in mourning attire, returning from church. The woman saw me and nodded to me. I nodded back.

Since then my parents have seen no attempts to graffiti our house or anything and they say that she's moved now. They are pretty upset with how I handled it, I think I probably should have gone to the police with the matter, but I'm happy with what I did. It would have been just for the woman to get in trouble with the law, but I would have felt really bad if I had made her life even harder by giving her all sorts of legal operations to contend with while trying to get over the death of her husband.
          I know the majority of people are still going to say that I should have gone to the police, but I'm happy and nobody is hurt, which may not have been the case if I had called the police.
          Fujoshi and Proud

Comment

Well, I don't speak for others here, but know that I think you did what was best for all involved. Considering what you found out after going to her home, it was probably best that you not escalate things with the police, since she didn't get a chance to damage anything of yours and considering her family situation at home. Hopefully that nod, among other things, was a sign that she recognizes how crazy she was behaving so she can try to fix things in her life.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Sounds to me like you did okay. She was probably regretting her actions and the nod was an embarrassed non-verbal apology. Glad her brother's helping out (presumably he talked some sense into her).
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The brother probably asked why she thought vandalizing property and being rude for no reason, was a good idea or something.. Goodness..

OH! And about the father with the orange. You could have reminded him, "Yes sir, oranges are round. So glad you do know something.. " and walk off. Noticed something in doing that a couple of times myself. It takes til you're near a DOOR for them to understand.

Comment

I still don't understand how that woman knew where you lived.
                  I mean, she only lived a couple of blocks away from you, but still, you had no idea about that until she happened to drop her wallet with her house keys and address in it, so how did she know where you lived?

I guess people grieve in different ways, because I know, when my husband died, the last thing on my mind was grocery shopping, let alone harassing and stalking people by whom I might have felt slighted or insulted. (The days leading up to my own husband's funeral are a bit of a blur for me, but I was so caught up in arrangements and grieving that my family took on all those mundane things such as grocery shopping.)

It's very odd that her brother was living there to help her out, yet he never questioned her going out by herself after midnight with a can of spray paint while he stayed with her children, especially considering that he obviously knew about the "oh-so-evil egg contaminating neo-nazi girl".

I know my brothers would have been so concerned and worried about me if I had attempted to go out by myself at that hour.
                  They would have been watching me like a hawk if I was showing signs of irrational behaviour like that.

Very odd situation all around.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                  X