This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ikea and such

not sure where else this wouldve gone...

but today my mom and i went there. they opened at 11, and we got there no later than 1130....

holy crap was it crowded!

i found a lamp for my room, and my mom didnt end up with anything lol...

but my goodness, no matter if we followed the arrows or not, we were walking against some sort of traffic.

SO MANY PEOPLE

everybody in their own little world...walking slow...kids running..

bah!

i like Ikea's stuff, just not shopping there haha

At the mall I went into Spencers
    and there were little kids running around there, while (im assuming) their mom was shopping. now im no prude, but i dont think little kids should be in that store.

one of the kids ran around my mom so close that my mom said she got pushed by the little rat. and we left, the 'adults' came out as well, with their kids still inside. way to go

i went in the pet store cuz i cant help myself. no cats...but they had puppies. aww poor puppies. i just want them all. but noooooo no pets...

I've never actually been to Ikea. It's probably an hour to the nearest one. Stories of shopping crowds make me all the less inclined to want to go.

Speaking of puppies, my mom sent me this on instant messenger earlier:
    I was at the pet shop last week and saw the cutest chihuahua... they had him and a few other little dogs in a make shift pen on the floor and they blocked the front of it with big boxes that had wooden doorway gates. someone knocked one of those heavy boxes on top of the cute little chihuahua... poor thing yelled so loud, not sure if he got hurt but he clung to the woman who picked him up.. they said he was 1300., I was tempted to say to her, well I guess that takes another hundred off his price.
    Hope puppy was OK. I want them all, too. I can't have pets but someday...(won't buy from a pet store, though).
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      I've never actually been to Ikea. It's probably an hour to the nearest one. Stories of shopping crowds make me all the less inclined to want to go.

Speaking of puppies, my mom sent me this on instant messenger earlier:

Hope puppy was OK. I want them all, too. I can't have pets but someday...(won't buy from a pet store, though).
      oh yea if and when i ever get one, id go to the humane society or whatever and get a mutt.

>wants kitteh too<

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
        >wants kitteh too<
        *haz two kittehs*
        Two kittehs is plenty

Seriously though, every time I've been to IKEA, that place is crowded. No idea why. Maybe it's because of the female college students buying things for their apartments?
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          *haz two kittehs*
          Two kittehs is plenty

Seriously though, every time I've been to IKEA, that place is crowded. No idea why. Maybe it's because of the female college students buying things for their apartments?
          i didnt see many college type shopping, just nearly everyone else.

i thought everyone was at IKEA...then they were all at the mall too. wtf

kitteh!!

Comment

We had a Spencer's in our mall as long as I can remember, but I never went in there until like 10th grade or so. Boy was I surprised! I had no idea what to expect.

I hate seeing little kids in there. I was never exposed to stuff like that when I was little, and I sure wouldn't take my kid in there.

As for Ikea, never been there. I've been on the website and they don't seem to have much to choose from on there. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Never had a reason to drive the hour to get there though, so I"m glad I'm missing the crowds there.

Comment

Hmm, most of the time when I'm in Ikea it's not so bad. I tend to shop there weekday afternoons/evenings.

I once had a dream about being chased by zombies through an Ikea designed by Escher.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                Hmm, most of the time when I'm in Ikea it's not so bad. I tend to shop there weekday afternoons/evenings.

I once had a dream about being chased by zombies through an Ikea designed by Escher.
                thats quite the dream!

maybe because its sunday...but still...

Comment

Quoth Summerfly413 View Post
                  As for Ikea, never been there. I've been on the website and they don't seem to have much to choose from on there. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Never had a reason to drive the hour to get there though, so I"m glad I'm missing the crowds there.
                  Going to an actual Ikea is more fun. I like seeing their showroom setups to get ideas for when we can finally move out of our apartment and get a real house. If you're ever in the general vicinity of one, take some time out to wander the showroom and then get something to eat at the restaurant.

Sarasquirrel, try the weekdays. Ikea's less crowded on weekdays. ::nods sagely::
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                    Going to an actual Ikea is more fun. I like seeing their showroom setups to get ideas for when we can finally move out of our apartment and get a real house. If you're ever in the general vicinity of one, take some time out to wander the showroom and then get something to eat at the restaurant.

Sarasquirrel, try the weekdays. Ikea's less crowded on weekdays. ::nods sagely::
                    I had never been til a couple of months ago, I was visiting my daughter in Sacramento, and she wanted a bookcase. It was a Saturday, and crowded, but not too bad.

I like older furniture mainly, but it's a great place for utilitarian things - bookcases and so forth - and you can get a better assortment of widths, heights etc that can all fit together than anywhere I've seen. Lots of cool household gadgets.

The showrooms are great, they'll show a complete house in so many square feet (less than I could ever imagine in some cases) and how you can furnish it.

Oh, and great stuff for kid's rooms. And a good place to shop with kids, we had my granddaughter with us, they have a free day care area she wanted to play in, it was full, with a half hour wait, so they gave her a hand held electronic game to sit in our buggy with, and paged us when a spot opened for her.

It's really kinda fun, and definitely different. I've since gone once to the nearest one to me, about an hour's drive, and it was actually very quiet on a weekday.

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

My comment about IKEA is that you don't want to go when you're dressed up (no IKEAs in town, one on the way to the wedding reception we were going to). You get to overhear the oddest (and not complimentary) comments.

And yes, we had a reason for skipping the wedding. (Not that I think it was a good one, but I was overruled).

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        I can't have pets but someday...(won't buy from a pet store, though).
                        The pet stores in my area don't sell dogs and cats. They do, however, have different humane societies and rescue groups come in to showcase adoptable pets.

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
                        oh yea if and when i ever get one, id go to the humane society or whatever and get a mutt.

>wants kitteh too<
                        That's the way to go. I lubs my shelter dog. I lubs my other dog, too, but shelter dogs/cats are awesome sauce.
                        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

When IKEA opened here, I avoided it for more than 6 months. It was such a to-do around here that it was on the news and I saw the traffic jams, and no thank you I didn't want any part of that.

Then the man took us there one day. Not bad. He ended up getting a 2nd job there a month later. FUnny that he thought it was a stupid store to begin with. He wouldn't have quit after 9 months if his new job wasn't on the other end of the valley and had wierd hours.

Comment

Never been to an IKEA, and probably never will, not after what they did to a member on this board.

Besides, the place sounds like the corn maze form Hell to navigate anyway.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              Never been to an IKEA, and probably never will, not after what they did to a member on this board.

Besides, the place sounds like the corn maze form Hell to navigate anyway.
                              yea if you wanna get through quick, its damn near impossible.

but if you have time and wanna see everything the arrows are helpful haha

Comment

Working...
                              X