This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Eh, when I'm good and ready to have kids."

Oh, but aren't you getting....uh....old for that?

"Why would you think that?" (smile and be yourself)

Uhm oh ehh I think I saw a gray hair on your head...

"Oh, that. I think Everyone's allowed a gray hair at least once in their life. Have you tried the fajitas from Senor Sam next door? They're great!"

Mind you, if you don't feed any ammo to the nosy person, they dig themselves into trouble.

Or you could tell them, "I am awaiting orders I am from France. Would you like a cold carbonated beverage? Or triangulated dough piece with curdled cow milk topping?" in a very strange voice.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      I don't think the species is going to go extinct if a few people choose not to have babies.
      Ever actually used something like that on one of these people? Their faces are priceless. Doesn't stop them from pestering you, though.

Red Dazes, I LOVE your answers. I wish I'd thought of the "eat my young" response.

Comment

Anyone who wants to can use me as the "oh, I know someone who wants to have more than 2.1 kids, so I'm skipping it so she doesn't over populate". (Yes, we checked Canada's birthrate when discussing how many kids we thought we could justify having).

Comment

This just in: friend of mine has a three year old and a three month old. The three month old doesn't even sleep through the night and is still being breast fed and she says she still gets asked when she's having another one.

Well, that, and a host of other incredibly stupid questions.

Comment

Ugh. I got asked that question by the wife's family during the money dance at our wedding. Seriously? Get a life.

FTR, I have a genetic heart problem, and will be getting my tubes cut as soon as I have the money...so no kids for us either. Wife and I would rather adopt a kid than have our own anyways.
            Coworker: Distro of choice?
            Me: Gentoo.
            Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
              Red Dazes, I LOVE your answers. I wish I'd thought of the "eat my young" response.
              Hehe. It shuts people up pretty quickly... specially if you dead pan it and they can't tell if you are serious or not.
              "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
              -Red

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                Oh, man, this one is so brutal it makes MY face burn: "Just as soon as I can ... stop ... miscarrying them."
                I said that to my boss recently.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I am not even twenty-one yet. I am a lesbian. I'm not even in a relationship.

Random family member: So when are you having kids?

Me: About the time I get a girlfriend who feels like popping one out for me.

RFM:

Me:
                  I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    I second the motion. I swear it's worse when you're younger. I always hear "Oh you'll change your mind!" NO I WON'T!!!
                    THIS! Sweet Muppity Odin THIS! I swear to any god listening the next time I'm told 'you're young you'll change your mind' I'm going to snap! I'm not crazy just because I don't want to spawn! No spawn! I will happily assist with other people's children, why? Because at the end of the day I can give the suckers BACK!

And IF major IF I change my mind want want to raise a podling one day, guess what? It isn't coming out of my belly. I'll adopt, I'm not putting my body through that, miscarriages and still birth run in my family and I'm not risking the heart break that goes along with that when I can adopt a child already here who needs someone to love them. GAH! *end rant*
                    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

I have started telling people that I'm doing my part to avoid a catastrophic population crash sometime during the next century.

I was just hearing about this the other night -- maybe on that documentary, "Food, Inc."? In the '60s or '70s there were these dire predictions about how the world's population would skyrocket and become unsustainable 'round about 2010 or 2020. But it's not happening the way they thought it would -- because fewer people are having children, and the ones who have children aren't having as many (Gosselins and Octomoms aside).

I'm saving the world, dammit! Oh, and I'll rescue some homeless cats too.

Comment

Quoth MelodiousBubbles View Post
                        I am not even twenty-one yet. I am a lesbian. I'm not even in a relationship.

Random family member: So when are you having kids?

Me: About the time I get a girlfriend who feels like popping one out for me.

RFM:

Me:
                        Turned 21 this year. Also a lesbian. My girlfriend and I both agree we won't want kids, EVER. I never wanted kids as a wee little girl, and I am 99% sure I'm not changing my mind. We both just really don't want to a) pop them out, b) share our time with them instead of with each other, c) have to raise them... ugh. Just no. My sister wants tons of kids, we'll just amuse ourselves with nieces and nephews.

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
                          I have started telling people that I'm doing my part to avoid a catastrophic population crash sometime during the next century.

I was just hearing about this the other night -- maybe on that documentary, "Food, Inc."? In the '60s or '70s there were these dire predictions about how the world's population would skyrocket and become unsustainable 'round about 2010 or 2020. But it's not happening the way they thought it would -- because fewer people are having children, and the ones who have children aren't having as many (Gosselins and Octomoms aside).

I'm saving the world, dammit! Oh, and I'll rescue some homeless cats too.
                          Don't forget the Duggars They're up to, what, 19 now...?

I cannot STAND kids. I tell people I don't want any for that reason and I (a) don't like the idea of putting my body through all the stuff for childbirth, (b) don't like people enough to reproduce, (c) know I'd be a shitty mother(Again, selfish, poor...), and (d) 6 BILLION + people, and this is partly because of us pretty much ELIMINATING a lot of the NATURAL methods of capping populations

Of course, on that other coin, I don't know how many more 'boyfriend' questions I can take from one of my head cashiers before I snap at her to STFU and mind her OWN business What part of 'ASEXUAL' do you NOT understand, woman? I. DON'T. LIKE. PEOPLE. ESPECIALLY not enough to date.
                          Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

I have a confession to make. I'm part of the problem. I was convinced that I had no interest in any of this. (Not that I was dead set against having kids, it was the biologicals involved that did nothing for me). Now? I'm freaking out that the doctor will tell me I do indeed need more X-rays, and introduce yet another delay.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                              I was convinced that I had no interest in any of this. (Not that I was dead set against having kids, it was the biologicals involved that did nothing for me).
                              But that's different.

You used to go, "giving birth? ew. ick!" and would think no more of it. The idea of children doesn't seem to have ever bothered you.

Most of us, on the other hand, not only want nothing to do with the whole giving birth thing, but we also don't want anything to do with everything involved in raising kids. Some of us are anti-social, some of us are dedicated to being irresponsible and/or selfish, and some of us just have no interest whatsoever in children for no other reason than that they just don't care.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                                Most of us, on the other hand, not only want nothing to do with the whole giving birth thing, but we also don't want anything to do with everything involved in raising kids. Some of us are anti-social, some of us are dedicated to being irresponsible and/or selfish, and some of us just have no interest whatsoever in children for no other reason than that they just don't care.
                                There was a very strong "never going to do that". I was VERY convinced that that wasn't going to be me. To the point where I was confused (and further distressed) by the fact that getting diagnosed with PCOS would distress me at all. And I had absolutely no interest in ever getting married. Quite the opposite in fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X