This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude woman on her mobile phone

I was in Paperchase today and the woman in front of me was talking on her phone the entire transaction. She couldn't hear what the sales assistant was saying to her which slowed the queue up even more. She was so rude and it made me cringe how she just ignored the poor assistant. The assistant soon caough on and didn't attempt to speak to the SC.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

That drives me up the wall. Get off the damn phone. It is terribly rude and annoying.

If someone is too busy to tell me what they want, I'll just hand them whatever change I want and I'll count back their money reguardless if they are watching.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
      If someone is too busy to tell me what they want, I'll just hand them whatever change I want and I'll count back their money reguardless if they are watching.
      Only problem with that is, that if they find out, they'll probably go to your manager and complain.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

That's where it's fun (relatively speaking) to be the next customer in line. I can't stand clueless boobs yakking into their damn phones as if they're the coolest, most important human on the planet. Trust me dimwit, forcing the other people in line to hear about your hemorrhoid operation is NOT cool--and we all know how you got those piles anyhow

So I make it a point to say loudly, "I can't believe someone would be so rude as to hold up a whole line because they're too busy talking on a phone!" Etc etc. Either the SC will never hear me, or they turn red, shut up and pay attention to the business at hand. A couple have snapped at me, but I just give them my best sunny smile and say "At least it got you off the damn phone."

Comment

ugh, there was a girl using her phone at the same time she was 'conducting business' in the restroom; nasty-finish, then call or call, then do your business.

do NOT call me in the middle of things; i will hang up on your nasty ass.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Brighid45 View Post
            Trust me dimwit, forcing the other people in line to hear about your hemorrhoid operation is NOT cool--and we all know how you got those piles anyhow
            Oh, GAWD, that brings back disturbing memories regarding a certain young lady wandering around our store, loudly and graphically relating to a friend via cell-phone how she had...errm...lost her 'second virginity' the night before.

Somebody, please, hold me!

Also had some idiot teenager today wave me over to her and her friends. I waited patiently for about ten seconds while she ignored my presence, yakking on her phone about something stupid before I walked away to see if any customers really needed help. She seemed surprised that I would do that.
            Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Only problem with that is, that if they find out, they'll probably go to your manager and complain.
              Usually they're just so distracted they take it and leave. And if they have any complaints if I handled anything wrong, then yes it will be managements problem but it's all on video. I usually try and get their attention and if I can't atleast surveilance saw that I made an effort.

I know it's a crappy thing to do but sometimes we're just so swamped that I get tired of waiting them to end their "precious" call.

And the only way they can complain to a manager is if they can find them lol I have at least three supervisors (well one Supervising Manager and two lead cashiers) and if the customer wants to talk to them a cashier has to go and get them. And by that time I can tell the supervisor what happened and have them on my side--(If I'm not wrong, that is )

Comment

Even when I'm on my phone (not often) I realize that NO ONE needs to know my business. Why do people think the world revolves around them?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

This is why I just keep talking to them, regardless of whether they're on the phone or not. You missed what I said? Too bad, so sad. You owe me this much money, now go get blabbed at by the pharmacist. Buh-bye.

Comment

Hee.

About a year ago, I was on a train home from college. The girl in the seat in front of me was having a very loud cell phone conversation about I don't remember what...something to do with guys and who liked who and oh my god did you hear about what happened to what's her name. She had terrible reception, so she was shouting into the phone and repeating every other word. Finally I had heard enough.

I went into my phone's audio menu and made it ring, and then I "answered" it. Here's a rough transcription of what I said.

"HELLO? HELLO? OH, HI. WHAT? WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I'M ON A TRAIN. A TRAIN. A TRAIN. A TRAIN. YOU KNOW, A RELATIVELY SMALL, CONFINED SPACE WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE IN IT, MOST OF WHOM WOULD LIKE TO REST OR READ OR DO SOMETHING ELSE THAT REQUIRES A COMPARATIVELY QUIET ENVIRONMENT. HUH? QUIET. I SAID "QUIET." YEAH. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YEAH. HEY, I'M GOING TO GO NOW, BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BROADCAST THE MUNDANE DETAILS OF MY BORING-ASS LIFE TO A WHOLE BUNCH OF TOTAL STRANGERS WHO DON'T CARE. DON'T WANT TO END UP WITH SOMEONE KICKING THE BACK OF MY CHAIR ALL THE WAY INTO THE CITY. HAHAHAHAHA. OK, I'LL CALL YOU WHEN I GET IN. BYE.

She hung up.

Comment

LOL! I love our building: SC's lose reception inside at random points!

Comment

Working...
                      X