This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What people will do to exit a parking garage for free

These 2 incidents were told to me from my co-worker when she was working in another parking garage.

She told me this yesterday after a customer who arrived at the university we work at as contract parking attendants wanted free parking.

The first incident involves a female customer who had been parking in the garage before she started working there. The way the system is set up is the you pull a ticket & you pay at the machine. I'm guessing the Parking company received questions from customers asking where to pay at, ect. So she was assigned to work at this garage. It was her first day there, & the female customer drives up to the booth, tells her she was only parked for a very short time, & that she is not paying for her parking. My co-worker asks her for her ticket. She gives it to her. My co-worker scans her ticket, & it tells her exactly how long she was parked & exactly how much she owes. So my co-worker tells the customer this as well as 1) how much it is to park for the first 30 minutes & so on & 2) where to pay at. The customer tells her she is not paying for her parking. So my co-worker tells her she has to pay for her parking & that she cannot raise the exit gate. The customer tells her again she will not pay for her parking. So my co-worker tells her she has to speak to her supervisor. She walks outside the booth & presses the call button at the booth & has the customer speak to her supervisor. He tells her exactly the same thing. The customer does not like his answer, & she decides to wait for cars to exit the garage. She maneuvers her car to the lane where the cars are exiting, & she tries to exit in reverse. My co-worker blocks that gate so she cannot exit. The customer is stuck inside the garage. She then decides to somehow turn her car around & enter the ramp where the cars exit, but she is driving up the ramp in reverse. My co-workrers boss finally arrives. He goes up to the customer, & he tells her she has to pay for her parking. She tells him she has not been paying for her parking & that she has no money. He tells he she can exit this time, but if she parks here again & has no money, he will call police. She told me this particular customer did not return.

The second incident involves a female employee who was driving what looked like a new car. The parking company signed contracts with a couple of companies offering their employees discount parking. This particular employee did not want to pay for her parking. My co-worker & the maintenance guy who was at the garage heard a loud noise, & they ran over to the exit gate. It was broken. Apparently the female customer tried to tailgate at that gate. The customer was so frustrated that when she exited she hit a pole while leaving. This caused damage to her front bumper.

Have you seen the video of the bus lane in Manchester, UK with the automatic bollards yet?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
      Have you seen the video of the bus lane in Manchester, UK with the automatic bollards yet?
      ...I wish we had those in the Parking garages in the states!!!!
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
        Apparently the female customer tried to tailgate at that gate. The customer was so frustrated that when she exited she hit a pole while leaving. This caused damage to her front bumper.
        I hope it was all worth it. Trying to save a couple of bucks on parking resulted in a couple hundred bucks worth of damage to her car.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          Those things are brilliant. Never ceases to amaze me how many dishonest people there are in the world.
          Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
            Those things are brilliant. Never ceases to amaze me how many dishonest people there are in the world.
            And honestly... what can you say to that one "umm... no officer I wasn't trying to not pay... I just .... thought... that pole 50 ft down the road was the pay booth..... not this giant box with bright colored signs that says "PAY HERE"......."
            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
            -Red

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
              Those things are brilliant. Never ceases to amaze me how many cheap bastards there are in the world.
              Fixed that for you
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
              X