Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch, what happened to the front bumper? I hope you didn't do that.

She'll be pretty when she's completely done, I can tell that.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Nice, that's the type of car I would stop and circle then be dragged away from by my friends.
      I should show you a picture of dad's Apache, you will look and go wow, my car looks so healthy and young. Hehe, we have it completely stripped, the bed is gone (not long after I fell through it, grr) , the seats are now the dog bed in the garage, the engine is on the floor the list goes on.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Ouch, what happened to the front bumper? I hope you didn't do that.
        I did, but due to a brake failure when I first got it. Loose brake line meant it kept sucking air into the lines until one day I had no brakes at all. That huge dent is from the trailer hitch of a classmate's F150. Fortunately nothing serious happened to either car, so all was fine.
        Coworker: Distro of choice?
        Me: Gentoo.
        Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth Midorikawa View Post
          I did, but due to a brake failure when I first got it. Loose brake line meant it kept sucking air into the lines until one day I had no brakes at all. That huge dent is from the trailer hitch of a classmate's F150. Fortunately nothing serious happened to either car, so all was fine.
          I take it that she's now in good running shape? I agree she'll be beautiful once she's done. Hell, she's beautiful now.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

LOL for a while we had the last running 1974 opel ascona sedan in the US =]
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
              I take it that she's now in good running shape? I agree she'll be beautiful once she's done. Hell, she's beautiful now.
              Other than a minor exhaust problem and running rich, both of which caused me to fail inspection/emissions this year, yep.
              Coworker: Distro of choice?
              Me: Gentoo.
              Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Once I found out that my dad's Firebird was now a classic, my opinion of the coolness of classic cars dropped rather significantly. However, just because I wouldn't want to have to drive one or ride in it, doesn't mean I can't appreciate cars like that. Especially when they're obviously well-loved.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  My parents used to have cool cars. My mom had a couple 60s and 70s Mustangs and my dad had an old Chevy Nova.
                  Dad had some cool rides--a 1970s Cougar, and before he was married...a Sunbeam Alpine. The Cougar didn't last long--it was knackered (and gone) by the time I came along. Then my parents had a VW 412 station wagon. Try finding one of those now LOL Last cool ride they had, before the minivans and boring sedans... was a '79 Volvo 264GL. That thing could cruise all day at 90mph+. Many times, my mother would have it on the highway, and not realize how fast she was going. Usually, that would be followed by an "OH SHIT!" comment

But, I've always enjoyed 'original' cars. By 'original,' I mean one that hasn't been messed with--it's still as it was when it was new, and someone is taking care of it. In fact, up until recently, my MG was one of those cars. Sure, it had been repainted, but otherwise, was still stock. Still had the same engine, and probably the original air in the tires
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    Then my parents had a VW 412 station wagon.
                    Try here ...

I found my perfect [used] minivan here ... only issue is I would have to figure out how to get it home from somewhere in Germany
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I'm sure VW 411 and 412s are out there. Good luck on getting body panels for them though--the parts situation isn't nearly as good as it is for a Beetle. Not surprising, since less than 120,000 were sold in the US over 4 years, and very few have survived.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                      X