This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...meanwhile, at the gas station

This happened a few days ago on my way to work. I forgot my lunch, so I needed to grab something. I was making good time and got what I needed and waited in line.

There was only one cashier working, and the other cashier had just gotten in and was getting his register ready. The EH in front of me was bitching to her friend about how it was taking the one cashier so long and why didn't the other cashier hurry up because she was in a hurry and needed to get going as she was in a hurry (that's exactly how she said it)! This after she spent nearly 5 minutes trying to figure what flavoring she wanted for her coffee and then discussing why one was better than the other, etc.

While she was bitching to her friend, the other cashier who was now open tried to get her attention that he was ready. She didn't see/hear him, so he motioned to me to check me out. When EH saw this, she started bitching. I simply turned and looked at her and said "You snooze, you lose." She didn't say anything, just gave me a catbutt face. I was so hoping for her to say anything else. I guess she wasn't in that much of a hurry.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

it always makes me PO'ed when someone has all the time in the world to decide what they want but then the cashier is the one making them SO late for their very important day by moving so slowly.grrr!

Comment

It's like the people waiting at street lights, revving their engines, rolling forward, etc., but when the light changes they're too busy changing the radio station or talking on the phone to notice.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        It's like the people waiting at street lights, revving their engines, rolling forward, etc., but when the light changes they're too busy changing the radio station or talking on the phone to notice.
        Had one of those today!

I was the third car back waiting at a red light. Front vehicle, a pickup, inched forward. Stopped. Inch. Stop. Inch. Stop. Ad nauseum. They stopped when they were about halfway or more across the crosswalk.

The light turned green.

The car in front of me honked, because the pickup wasn't going anywhere. Good grief.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
          I was the third car back waiting at a red light. Front vehicle, a pickup, inched forward. Stopped. Inch. Stop. Inch. Stop. Ad nauseum. They stopped when they were about halfway or more across the crosswalk.
          Oh, hell, today I saw someone that was out in the intersection by the time the light turned green. And this was at one of the busier intersections in town.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Probably stopped their car in a radio dead zone and was trying to get the FM reception to come back... that's why I inch forward like that sometimes. Of course when I do this I keep a half an eye on the light so I notice when it changes, rather than sitting there fiddling with my knob.

My radio's knob, don't look at me like that...

Comment

<off topic> did any one other than me read the thread title in the voice of the voice over guy in the 70's cartoon Superfriends?</off topic>
              I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Actually, I heard the title as a verse from a Ray Stevens song. It's a perfect fit. "Meanwhile, back at the motel."
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post
                  <off topic> did any one other than me read the thread title in the voice of the voice over guy in the 70's cartoon Superfriends?</off topic>
                  That was my intention. I'm glad that you caught that.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Actually, I heard the title as a verse from a Ray Stevens song. It's a perfect fit. "Meanwhile, back at the motel."
                  I hadn't even taken Ray Stevens into consideration
                  Random conversation:
                  Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                  DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

And I'm showing my age (and then some) by hearing it as sung by The Cadets...

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've always hated dealing with the "in a hurry"s. I had one lady who, when I still worked photo, wanted her photos back in less than an hour(another major annoyance. It's called one-hour photo. Not 10 minute photo) because she was in a hurry. No biggie, not that busy. She gets said pics in 15 min....AND THEN SPENDS THE NEXT 2 HOURS BROWSING THE STORE!!!!!!
                      "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Working...
                      X