This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad health and staring contests.

I don't know what it is, maybe the nice warm weather, maybe because it's nearing the end of the school year for everyone, but it seems to me that SC's are popping up EVERYWHERE!

Bad health choices, my problem, not yours
    So I'm in Speedway on friday, getting a cup coffee and some cigarettes before I head to class. I mixing up my coffee when this random woman comes out of nowhere and starts dispensing advice about my poor health choics.

W: Oh my God, why are you drinking coffee? Someone your age shouldn't be drinking coffee.
    Me: I didn't know 19 was too young to drink coffee MA'AM. (What is it with my age lately?)
    W: Well, you're not old enough to understand stress, nor do you need it because you college kids sleep so much.
    *record sratching*
    Me: Ok, for one college students have plenty to be stressed about. Personally, I have midterms to worry about this and next week, along with the fact that I have bills that need paying next month, which will be a miracle since I don't have a job because I'm a student and have a wacked out class schedule. And two, I have class at 8am every morning, which is hard to stay awake in when I only have an hour or 2 of sleep from the night before because my roomates are rowdy and don't quiet down until almost 4am. I am over the age of 18, I can make my own decisions, whether they be good or bad for my health. So please, give advice to someone who cares.
    Mind you, it's about 7 in the morning, I'm tired and angry that I'm tired. Anyone who bugs me that early will feel my full wrath, until two cups of coffee and 4 cigarettes later. *huff* unto the next....

Cafeteria Shove and Love
    So I'm waiting in line at the school's cafeteria when some big Army dude from the other school that shares our campus comes up to me and shoves me into the metal railing that follows the food counter. This hurt my ribs (which I later found a bruise on) and of course exclaim some choice words.

AG: You fucking whore. You stole my girlfriend!
    Me: * i had no idea what he was talking about. Although I am bi, I have a boyfriend and don't intend on cheating on him with anyone* What are you talking about?
    AG: That chick you talk to during break in art? Yeah, that's my girlfriend. If I see you talking to her ever again, I'll fucking kill you.
    He then stalks off, leaving me and the cafeteria workers stunned. A little while later, on my way to said art class, I see the girl and her boyfriend on the quad arguing. She throws someting at him and stalks off, leaving him beet red and embarassed. She apologized to me during break, saying she broke up with him and she didn't mean for this to happen. I noticed as we went in that the necklace she wears everyday is gone. She now has a restraining order against him. She follows the rule of "sis before dix" very well lol.

Please, don't take a picture
    I was in block bluster last night, picking out movies for our movie night. My friend, we'll call him John, was with me. We split up and go in search of good films. While I am in the comdey section, some guy just stands at the end of the aisle and stares at me. I start to feel creeped out and move to the other side of the store. 'Lo and behold, he follows. I do a few laps around store, with him following me before I say something.

Me: Do you need help with something?
    Dude: Huh? Oh, uh, no. Just....just looking.
    Me: *shivers internally* Well, could you please not follow me. That makes me very uncomfortable.
    D: Well, I could....make it more comfortable. You wanna....come to my place.
    Oh jeez. No, not this.
    Me: Sorry, I have a boyfriend already.
    D: So......he doesn't....have to know.
    The way he spoke, made me feel like this was his first time hitting on a girl in public. That made it ever more depressing and creepy. Thankfully, John walked over right then.
    J: Hey Tithera, ready to go?
    Me: *whispered* For the love of God yes.

We pay for our movies and quickly escape. Gah, was that creepy!
    Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Wow! Whatta week of attracting unwanted strangers! I have alwondered what gets into people that they feel they must criticise a stranger for their choices of beverage, food, etc. in a store.

I hope next week is better for you.
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
      So I'm waiting in line at the school's cafeteria when some big Army dude from the other school that shares our campus comes up to me and shoves me into the metal railing that follows the food counter. This hurt my ribs (which I later found a bruise on) and of course exclaim some choice words.
      And you did file a report for assault, right?
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
        And you did file a report for assault, right?
        No, but what he did was added into the restraining order, which keeps him away from both her and me.
        Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

i think that army dude's advisor/dept needed to know about his behavior; when you're in uniform, your behavior is representative of all rotc's. knowing that he verbally and physically assaulted you might make them take notice of someone who needs anger management medications yesterday.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
            AG: You fucking whore. You stole my girlfriend!
            Why would he call you a whore if he didn't suspect that his girlfriend might be bi as well?

Me: Do you need help with something?
            Dude: Huh? Oh, uh, no. Just....just looking.
            Me: *shivers internally* Well, could you please not follow me. That makes me very uncomfortable.
            D: Well, I could....make it more comfortable. You wanna....come to my place.
            Get away!
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

19 is way too young for coffee. You should be drinking several Monsters every morning like most young people.

Comment

I had a sort of reversal of the coffee scenario in high school.

Background: I have never drunk coffee in my life, and never will, for multiple reasons. I also really like writing stories, and apparently was pretty good at it because I was one of the few students my school paid to send to a couple writing conferences my senior year. One of these conferences was at a lakeside camp.

The first morning of the conference, I was at the breakfast table with the other three students from my school and a whole bunch of others from around the state. Literally everyone at the table had a cup of coffee except for me (the coffeemaker ran 24 hours a day for the whole weekend). All I had was orange juice. One of the other students looked at my breakfast. "You don't have coffee?" she asked, surprised.

"Nope," I answered.

Shock. "How can you get through the day without coffee?"

"Oh, just give me a pack of Smarties in the morning and I'm good."

Waking up without a caffeine hit was apparently unheard of with these guys.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Not every college student has mom and dad paying for them.

I've seen people younger than 19 drinking coffee. What's funny is that she would probably wouldn't blink an eye at a 10 year old drinking Coke.

As for creepy guy...Gah.

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
                    So I'm waiting in line at the school's cafeteria when some big Army dude from the other school that shares our campus comes up to me and shoves me into the metal railing that follows the food counter....
                    <snip>
                    ...She apologized to me during break, saying she broke up with him and she didn't mean for this to happen. I noticed as we went in that the necklace she wears everyday is gone. She now has a restraining order against him. She follows the rule of "sis before dix" very well lol.
                    Someone who is currently serving in the military saw this and wanted me to advise you to contact this person's battalion comander and let him/her know about the incident. Especially now that a restraining order is in place.

Someone like that shouldn't be serving in the military.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

No, but what he did was added into the restraining order, which keeps him away from both her and me.
                      also if he really IS army getting a restraining order against him can hurt his career depending on his rank. (assuming his command actually cares... if they don't care and he continues to threaten you, a word to Family Advocacy might be in order)

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                        I've seen people younger than 19 drinking coffee.
                        My Dad used to drink it as a little kid, as did his siblings. They used to grab a cup every so often on WInter mornings and dunk a bit of half-stale french bread in it.

Once he "grew up" (so to speak), he began drinking it only once in a loooong while as a little treat -- as in, one small bag of CDM would last him a whole year. One cup was enough to evoke the old memories for him ^_^
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

And you need to be aware that a restraining order does NOT keep him away from anyone.

It's just a piece of paper.

Now, if he approaches anyone that has a RO against him, that charge will be added to whatever else he does to them. But it does not protect anyone.

So you two need to be careful.

Comment

Working...
                          X