This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HYHYBT View Post

By the way, has the "quick reply" box disappeared for everyone, or just me?
    Nope, I have it.
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

When I started weekend supervising at Timmies a few months back as my second job, the staff looked at me I was crazy when I told them to park someone who ordered a large order of sandwiches etc...
      Last edited by 50 mission cap; 04-30-2010, 11:49 PM. Reason: typo words

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
        Nope, I have it.
        Yeah, it's an odd thing: every page I opened for a while worked fine except for the absence of that box; then the internet connection quit entirely; then, when it came back a few hours later, the boxes were back too.

Oh well, it doesn't matter.
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          But in the big, corporate scheme of things, the person ordering $100 of Taco Bell is more important. The other people are spending far less apiece.

Yeah, it's stupid and asinine, but try explaining that to people who focus only on the bottom line.
          Quoth Exaspera View Post
          I'd go ahead and make the call.
          Agreed 100% on both counts ^_^

The brass need to know about this nonsense -- while Corporate at ANY place you go to will wonder what's wrong with it, when you clarify that they DROPPED EVERYTHING ELSE to do it is another matter entirely...

One thing I liked about "DaddyJim's" was that the Managers were smarter than that. If someone wanted a $100 order we'd quote them longer times or make them set up an order for later in the day -- Ideally, the REALLY big orders would be made days in advance for X O'clock time, and the Manager plus the opener would just come in early to do it

My brother runs a place that services a school stadium with hundreds of pizzas on game days o_O -- The night before, they rack up as many skins (rounds of dough, set on screens, with nothing on them) as they can, cover them and tie off the bags, then put them in the walk-in cooler. He then pretty much just goes in at 3 am on game day to start making them (they go back into the cooler when prepped), and gets a volunteer who needs extra hours to come in for 7 or 8 to start actually baking the pies.

Then they get out the Hot Boxes ^_^ Picture a styrofoam cube around 5 or 6 feet to a side that holds 50+ boxed pizzas; now, make the walls 2 inches thick and line the interior with sheet metal. Those suckers will keep pizzas fresh and literally steaming hot for 4+ hours so that they can be safely brought to the holding areas at the stadium. For games, they don't have to sit that long; for parades at Mardi Gras time down here, though...yeah. When it takes 2 hours to reach the pizza stand from our old store (normally a ten-minute drive without traffic, tops), these things are a wonderful blessing He says that the stadium orders are nothing compared to parades. I have to agree -- I worked the oven for some of them. It was basically one mega-shift each day of constant "3-pies-across, all touching, non-stop, on both ovens" >_< from 8am to 9pm every day on parade days. Fuuuuuuuun o_O;
          Last edited by EricKei; 05-03-2010, 01:37 AM.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X