This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Auto wiper blade suckage

Stopped by AA on Thursday to get some new wiper blades for my truck. Strolled into the isle and had a finger raised to the machine that tells you what kind you need. A sales associate comes from behind the counter and insists that he can do it faster, because "That machine is always wrong, it'll be a mess." He finds the blades on his computer, suggests rain-x brand, and I check out. He offers to put them on, as they do at AA, and I say yes. I wait around for about 10 minutes because his coworker seems to have gone AWOL and he had other customers after me. Finally gets a chance to come out and change my blades, and I'm just casually standing at the hood, watching. He rolls his eyes at me and goes "Yes, I've done this many a time before."

Two days later, my nephew comes home from a sleepover, saying he had to pull over in the rain and fix the right hand blade because it was about to fly off. Hmm. Monday, Mom is taking me to work and has the wipers on. Right one flies off again. I looked at it when I got home that night and decided to have a look at the one that wasn't flying off to see if I could put the other one on the same way. Left hand blade falls off in my hand when I raised the wiper arm. We took it back to AA today and the employees looked at the name on my receipt and rolled their eyes. Turns out I have really wide wiper arms and they had to try five different brands before finding one that didn't fall off. Still aggravating though, that the guy stopped me from trying to find blades on my own, insisting he knew better, and then being somewhat snarky while putting on the blades. Gah. I'm just glad we didn't have to drive in any bad rainstorms or anything.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

...I'd say that is almost worth a complaint if you feel so compelled. Just depends on how you are feeling about it right now. Me personally, I've had a bad day... so I would probably complain about the employee...... but that is me and I am not always nice.
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Comment

Looks to me like the other employees already know everything they need to know about him.
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

The other employees may know, but they have no power to get that jerk retrained, disciplined, or fired, so it should probably be reported.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          The other employees may know, but they have no power to get that jerk retrained, disciplined, or fired, so it should probably be reported.
          QFT. Think how many times we've had stories on here about people with idiotic co-workers who don't let go until customers start complaining.

Comment

Working...
          X