This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world is my trash can

Today at Work I was organizing the cart area just outside the store where we return the carts from the lot to. I have a customer tell me that someone is making a huge mess on the by the other entrance. I go over to see what is going on.

I see a SH(sucky human, since they were not in our store, which is in the middle of a strip mall) going up to all the strip malls trash cans, taking the bag out, dumping it on the ground looking for cans, collecting them and walking off. It was also a windy day so all the trash had blow away withing few minutes. This was on the busier side of the strip mall so the 8-10 cans he dumped on the ground were almost full. At times the wind created a vortex under the awning and we had mini trash cyclones.

I tell SM and he notifies property management company. They sent out a guy to clean up as much as possible, but with all the cars in the lot their was still a ton of trash flying around.

The best part, this SH was pushing a stroller with a child inside and tossing the cans under it.

some people are just idiots,

Have a cupcake my other half baked this morning!
    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

More proof that people are getting desperate?
      Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
        More proof that people are getting desperate?
        Hmmm. Some people will always look for cans, as in look in if one is on the top take it. Never seen people dump out the cans before and look.

This person did not appear to be in trouble as they were wearing nice jeans and a designer shirt and appeared to have some sort of smart phone.

Comment

There have always been people who would make a mess of a trash receptacle looking for recyclables.

I remember some issues with that back when I was in high school.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think that would warrant a call to the cops next time.

Comment

Okay... reaching into the cans is legal. Dumping the cans out is... a form of vandalism? Excessive littering? Being a total douche? I forget.
              My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

There's a guy in my home town who's collecting cans to save up for a sex change.

He (Wait, she, technically, pre-surgery). Does dig through, but she doesn't dump it everywhere. There's a 500$ Fine and a swarm of angry hippies if you litter here.
                "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

Quoth noone View Post
                  There's a 500$ Fine and a swarm of angry hippies if you litter here.
                  Send the angry hippies to Connecticut! We need them!
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                    Send the angry hippies to Connecticut! We need them!
                    One jaded environmentalist is returning to Connecticut for a week starting Tuesday. I know I'm not an angry hippie, but I should count for something.
                    Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Quoth TheComputerError View Post
                      One jaded environmentalist is returning to Connecticut for a week starting Tuesday. I know I'm not an angry hippie, but I should count for something.
                      I suppose that'll do.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

We get people that dumpster dive at my apartment building all the time, the regular guy is usually okay, but there's one old lady that makes a hell of a mess. Luckily she's not around as often.

This is also the reason that the gas station I worked at had a locked enclosure for the dumpsters. Someone once left it unlocked and there was trash scattered all over the lot. We also had to tell people not to dig in our garbage cans because people sometimes put used needles in them (seriously).
                        “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                        X