This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free McMuffins At Subway!

For whatever reason, the Subways around here were offering free breakfast sandwiches until 11 am today.

I thought I knew about it, but apparently I was so wiped that I really didn't, because I stupidly went to Subway for a sandwich on my way home after laundry.

I brought a rush with me, I do apologize for that. After I parked and walked in, I kid you not, every car coming down that road turned into Subway's lot, and soon there wasn't any room anymore.

Oh well, at least I got in in time.

Besides the asshats in front of me, employees of the United Healthcare Group across the street from Subway who go there in mass hordes on their lunch breaks (and it seems every single of them has no idea what they want or what even goes in a damn sandwich, plus they are all either extremely rude or stupid), I was the only one getting a sandwich. The rush behind me all wanted the free breakfast sandwich because it was getting close to 11.

Anyway, my sandwich went into the toaster and the woman behind me was next. She says "I just want one of those free McMuffins", and it took everything I had to not turn around and ask her "Really? McMuffin, huh?? Is this McSubway?"

Then the idiot behind HER also asked for their "Free McMuffin".........

Sure, a simple mistake, maybe I blew it out of proportion in my own head but geeez....it's like when my little brother worked at Burger King and people would ask for Big Macs.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I always feel sorry for the employees on give-away days like that. People are meaner when stuff is free!
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

When I went to BK to try their version I made sure not to put "Mc" in front of anything I said, I even looked on the menu to see waht it was called.

I wish I knew about this when I went to work, I would have loved to try one.

As for the emplyees, I do feel sorry for them. I've done "freebies" before (grand openings) and people always complain about them. Jeez - it's free!!
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

"Mc" .. oh god. It's like walking into a McDonalds and saying

"Can I have a hamburger?"

"A wha?"

"A .. uh .. .. .. A hamburger. "

"I do not know what that is."

"Oh, usually it's a beef patty situated somewhat firmly between two hamburger buns, i.e. a top bun and a bottom bun of matching scale and quality, and occasionally there are what I like to call "extras" placed neatly between the beef patty and either of the buns, such as thinly sliced pickles that eventually resemble discs, or slices of tomatoes, which also resemble discs. Occasionally one would go so far as to put lettuce or cheese on it, though that is not for me. Mustard and ketchup are a must. Does this sound at least feasible?"

"... oh, I think you want to go to that restaurant down the street. They have all that fancy-ass stuff over there."

"Oh. Okay. Thanks. Can I just get a McBurger instead?"

"Okay, coming right up."

... Mc ... geez.
        SC: "Are you new or something?"
        Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          ...it's like when my little brother worked at Burger King and people would ask for Big Macs.
          Couldn't be any worse than people going thru the McD's drive thru and asking for a Whopper.

Comment

On the parking lot front, a Five Guys recently opened near me. For the first week or two you almost every space was taken even at off epak hours. It was a line of cars entering, circling and leaving and parking in the neighboring Community College lot.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              For whatever reason, the Subways around here were offering free breakfast sandwiches until 11 am today.
              I have learned it is best to avoid any restaurant, or any store, that has free give aways. The hassle isn't ain't worth it.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I didn't want my free "McMuffin", I just wanted my usual, and I've been trying to avoid or at the very least severely limit McDonalds since I've put on so much weight recently.

I should have explained better, but I work night shift and was half asleep when my mom told me about it this morning.....I didn't realize I already sort of knew about it until I got there.....
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                  On the parking lot front, a Five Guys recently opened near me. For the first week or two you almost every space was taken even at off epak hours. It was a line of cars entering, circling and leaving and parking in the neighboring Community College lot.
                  Don't mean to derail the thread. What is a 5 Guys?

Okay, as y'all were......
                  Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Five Guys serves really, really good burgers, hot dogs, and french fries. Seriously one of the best burgers I have ever had. Some locations have free peanuts to eat while you wait. Dang it, now I want a bacon cheeseburger from Five Guys.

I am glad I no longer work at the Subway in town.
                    Last edited by AriGriffin; 05-01-2010, 06:24 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
                      Some locations have free peanuts to eat while you wait.
                      And that actually contributed to my first impression being a not-so-favorable one.

My family and I were up visiting an aquarium for a fun Saturday, and stopped at Five Guys on the way home to try it out because we'd been told how good the burgers were. Yes, the burgers were quite tasty. There was one problem: the free peanuts.

Or, rather, the fact that all of the store's patrons were using the floor as their shell disposal. The floor was littered with peanut shells. It didn't look like it'd been swept all day (and we stopped by late afternoon). In some places directly under the tables, where the shells were most plentiful, the tile was slightly slick from the peanut oil. The only thing that kept people from slipping and hurting themselves in most of the restaurant were the rugs that led from the door up to the ordering counter, all the way down to the condiments/napkins, and then scattered loosely around the dining area. And the rugs had shells ground into them.

I don't know if this is par for the course with Five Guys locations that have the free peanuts, but it is the reason I won't be returning to that particular one.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                        I think we're neighbors! 'Cause a Five Guys just opened in the town where I used to live, right next to formerly technical community college.
                        EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
                        ~-~
                        Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

I agree, Five Guys burgers are really good. They finally opened up one here about a month ago. In fact, after eating it, I'd say that they come in now in 2nd place to In-N-Out, but only just. I'm with Alton Brown that In-N-Out has a somewhat... cleaner flavor to it?

Still, I ate and it was a good experience - though a bit loud for my tastes. Plenty of peanuts to go around, but fortunately I didn't see any shells on the floor.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post

"Can I have a hamburger?"

"A wha?"

"A .. uh .. .. .. A hamburger. "

"I do not know what that is."

[Mr Snippy was here]

"Oh. Okay. Thanks. Can I just get a McBurger instead?"

"Okay, coming right up."
                            PLEASE tell me that was a joke?....Cause I can't tell anymore, my opinion of humanity is that withered....
                            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                            -Red

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              ...it's like when my little brother worked at Burger King and people would ask for Big Macs.
                              Quoth dendawg View Post
                              Couldn't be any worse than people going thru the McD's drive thru and asking for a Whopper.
                              When I worked at Arby's, people were always trying to order hamburgers!!!

I wonder if folks go to KFC or Taco Bell and order hamburgers?!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X