This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    When I worked at Arby's, people were always trying to order hamburgers!!!

I wonder if folks go to KFC or Taco Bell and order hamburgers?!
    I remember getting asked for hamburgers when I worked at Chick-fil-A...and then being told I was lying when I said we didn't have any. Followed by asking for Big Macs, Whoppers, Chicken McNuggets (at least we DID have chicken nuggets) and all manner of other stuff we didn't have.

The best weird one was when someone came through the drive-thru and asked if we had any food. The owner was walking through and heard the "question" over the speaker. He froze and looked at those of us cooking and said "Did he just ask if we have any food? Can we just say No and hope he gets confused and leaves?" For the next 5 minutes no work was done as everyone was laughing too hard

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
      And that actually contributed to my first impression being a not-so-favorable one. ...There was one problem: the free peanuts.

Or, rather, the fact that all of the store's patrons were using the floor as their shell disposal. The floor was littered with peanut shells..
      It took me more than one visit to figure out that this IS "how you're supposed to do it" at Ground Pati, when they were still around here. Still wierds me out a bit, and I don't think they're even around anymore.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      I have learned it is best to avoid any restaurant, or any store, that has free give aways. The hassle isn't ain't worth it.
      Well, the Baskin Robbins "31 cent scoops" thing a few days ago turned out well here ^_^ Simply making them "almost but not quite free" kept the hordes down to a manageable level. They were also smart enough to have a cashbox OUTSIDE where people could buy their "scoop tickets" (40 cents for one (with tax), a buck for 3). MMMMMMMMMMMmmmm nummy

Quoth dendawg View Post
      Couldn't be any worse than people going thru the McD's drive thru and asking for a Whopper.
      And now BK has come full circle with their own "McMuffin" breakfast sammich...Their ads for it are great, they pretty much come out and say "yes, this IS a direct ripoff of the mcmuffin". I tried one on day one...the muffin itself was all but inedible, but the rest of it was fine. And for a buck, I am willing to take my chances that the next one will be decent.

Quoth XCashier View Post
      I wonder if folks go to KFC or Taco Bell and order hamburgers?!
      Screw burgers, gimme more of those ...wonderful THINGS where they use chicken filets instead of buns... ohhhmigawd those are good
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

A little while ago Denny's had the free grand slam deal. I went with DataJager and my buddy Lewis. Everything was completely free so I figured these girls (the waitresses always work busy days, I never see the men do any of it) would get shorted badly by tips so I left $3, thinking my comrads in arms would chip in.

DataJager pitched in $3 (I think, it was a while) and Lewis left nothing. Geeze, it's always the rich little snobs that never think of tipping.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          I tried one on day one...the muffin itself was all but inedible, but the rest of it was fine.
          And that's different from an actual McMuffin how?

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            And now BK has come full circle with their own "McMuffin" breakfast sammich...Their ads for it are great, they pretty much come out and say "yes, this IS a direct ripoff of the mcmuffin".
            I haven't tried one, but I was amazed at the ad. IMO, it's just saying "Hey folks, we can't be bothered to come up with anything different, so we'll just offer you the exact same thing some other place offers cause that's easier and cheaper than even attempting to be better or different."

Guess I should give them a point for honesty

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              the free peanuts.

Or, rather, the fact that all of the store's patrons were using the floor as their shell disposal. The floor was littered with peanut shells.
              That must be where Cody's Roadhouse back in Tourist Trap got the idea! They served free peanuts in the shell and the floor was always covered in peanut shells. Turned out they swept it all up at night and the shells were used in the Owner's compost pile at home.

I recall being told by the Owner (she bought all her plateware and glassware from me) to come on by and check out her new place. It was pretty cool, great food, and I love polished concrete floors.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                And that's different from an actual McMuffin how?

^-.-^
                Heh. Well, the BK one is a buck rather than, what, around three? ^_^;>

I and some buddies hit that Denny's special with a vengeance. We found out midstream that the cinnamon-y pancake puppies were free, too....

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Denny's and Chick-Fil-a, god I'd nearly forgotten about those places. Oh, how delicious.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

i guess i always bring a rush

every time i go to subway, and its usually the same one, theres maybe 1 person inside eating. me and my mom get in line and soon there are 5 more behind us, out of nowhere.

we get the same thing almost everytime, know what we want, and its usually quick and simple. but why, why....do the people behind us have to stand on top of us, pace back and forth around us? plus its always hot in there, and i get irritated when i cant breathe when people are crowding me in a hot area haha

/end rant

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                      That must be where Cody's Roadhouse back in Tourist Trap got the idea!
                      Actually, the free peanuts while waiting thing is an old, old custom. Not sure where it started, but I've seen it at a number of different places, usually mom 'n' pop places that have been in business for a generation or three.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X