This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Juwl..

How many teenagers does it take to buy a 2 liter bottle of soda at a self scan?

Apparantly 13. And they are slow about the whole thing too!

Argh! I was trying to get across the aisle into the self scan when they started passing. And it was like waiting for a herd of elephants to pass. Then they had to stop and stare as someone knocked a bottle of soda between the self scans and it exploded. The attendants had their hands full with that one because it sprayed over 4 machines.

I've never understood why sometimes it takes an entire family to buy a gallon milk, or a whole brood of teenagers to buy one 24 pack of soda pop.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

being suspicious as I am, makes me wonder if its not a ruse to distract while theft happens but then again i have yet to have that occur. still the whole having the soda spray all four machines was a great distraction while some of the 13 kids "did stuff". but i could be wrong.

call me jaded but i lived in a high shrinkage area and got stuff like that almost each night

Comment

I wonder if the government would allow shops to implement an IQ test before you're permitted to use a self scan?
        Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
          I wonder if the government would allow shops to implement an IQ test before you're permitted to use a self scan?
          No. That is discrimination, and no matter how true it is, and how badly we need it, we'd NEVER do that. </sarcasm>
          Coworker: Distro of choice?
          Me: Gentoo.
          Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
            *sigh* Wouldn't work. I've had customers from all walks of life - business people, soccer moms, blinged-out highschoolers, college students, etc. I speak from experience when I say IQ has nothing to do with following instructions.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
              being suspicious as I am, makes me wonder if its not a ruse to distract while theft happens but then again i have yet to have that occur. still the whole having the soda spray all four machines was a great distraction while some of the 13 kids "did stuff". but i could be wrong.

call me jaded but i lived in a high shrinkage area and got stuff like that almost each night
              I would have been suspicious too, but the one that knocked over the bottle was an older guy with his little girl.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                *sigh* Wouldn't work. I've had customers from all walks of life - business people, soccer moms, blinged-out highschoolers, college students, etc. I speak from experience when I say IQ has nothing to do with following instructions.
                We have no way of knowing that there isn't an IQ correlation with those...

Although I completely get what you mean. Both my mother and my mother-in-law are very intelligent women. My mom took YEARS to learn how to do anything with a computer, my MIL is still at the "oh, [FIL] will print out e-mails for me, don't worry". For some reason she can't tell what window to look at. Given that DH has a severe learning disability relating to patterns and working memory, I suspect she does too.

Comment

Quoth Aut View Post
                  How many teenagers does it take to buy a 2 liter bottle of soda at a self scan?
                  *thinks for a while*
                  Anywhere between one and five... until their neighbor from down the street shows up, then it can get up to ten... who brings five people to go shopping? Holy hell... Mom and I are usually enough to go shopping and get everything. Do you really need three children running around underfoot?
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                  X