This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Lupo's crazies were following me

I think Lupo and I must be some sort of magnet for these people. For this scenario, we visit the local Aldis where they have a hair dryer that I saw for DDD for sale. It was one of the reasons I went in, aside from the grocery shopping for the little things we need. While there, there was a British couple there with their daughter shopping. The man was decidedly the pants wearer in the family ordering his wife around and to "stop dillying!" every time she stopped to look at an item. She just rolled her eyes and ignored him when he yelled (yes yelled) at her to get a move on.

Every time we passed each other, I managed a smile and the wife did too. She seemed like a genuinely nice person. I think the husband was just being a jerk.

As I made my way to the frozen section to get fries and frozen fish I noticed that they moved things around, again. It happens a lot. So I'm standing to the side, trying to find the breaded fish and french fries when I'm suddenly yelled at by the man, "Get out of my way, you stupid cow!" It was almost as if the world stopped and everyone was looking at us.

Now, myself and DDD, being students off BBC America, I've learned a thing or two. Instead of storming off, instead of swearing at him, I simply turned around and faced him, hands on my hips and said one sentence.

"Sod off, you stupid prick!" I found my fish and fries and headed for the checkout. All the man could do was stand there, making a fish face, then turned to his wife and said "Did you hear what she said! She can't do that! How can she say that to me?!" To which I hear his wife say "Well, she's right, you are a stupid prick." Everyone who was nearby started laughing and went back to what they were doing.

As I was waiting in line, his wife came up to me to thank me, saying that he needed to be brought down a few pegs. He'd apparently found himself being all high and mighty since they'd moved to the US a few months ago for his job.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

*snickers* You did well... but DDD?

Comment

The OP should have asked the wife if her husband always acts that way, or if someone shat in his Cheerios that morning.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        *snickers* You did well... but DDD?
        Da Dairy Druid. The SO and occasional poster here. He tends to post about "the evil" or The Evil as well as the shenanigans of the customers that visit his store.
        Last edited by fma_fanatic; 05-01-2010, 11:13 PM.
        Random conversation:

Comment

Bwahahahaha! I wish I could have been there.

Comment

I would've gone with "pillock" myself. Obscure enough for everybody but the target.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

He is aware that the American Revolution was in 1776 and we're no longer colonies, right?

Idjit.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Now he's going to get the opinion that American women are biaches who don't know their place. GOOD!
                Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                  Now he's going to get the opinion that American women are biaches who don't know their place. GOOD!
                  DDD said I should have said "Piss off, you wanker!" In retrospect, I could have, but that was the first thing that came to mind.

And as long as he understands that we're not going to take to being called cows (I'm not skinny by any stretch of the imagination), I think he'll get along fine here.
                  Random conversation:

Comment

You can keep 'em. I don't want 'em anymore. In fact, just hold onto them until I'm safely done shopping for the week tomorrow night, yes? kthxbai!!

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                      And as long as he understands that we're not going to take to being called cows (I'm not skinny by any stretch of the imagination), I think he'll get along fine here.
                      Cow doesn't mean fat in British, it means very stupid.
                      Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                        Oh and what a sad sad shock for the poor man when he tells some woman to get the frack out of his way and she decks him..... hopefully he has learned a lesson.
                        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                        -Red

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                          "Get out of my way, you stupid cow!"
                          And this is about the point where, if I can manage to keep a straight face, I just turn to stare blankly at him (preferrably while making a cud-chewing motion). If he's going to call me a stupid cow, I might as well act the part.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                            My place is where I say it is! Especially if it's in this pendejo's way.

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                            You can keep 'em. I don't want 'em anymore. In fact, just hold onto them until I'm safely done shopping for the week tomorrow night, yes? kthxbai!!
                            So, new stories, right!

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                            And this is about the point where, if I can manage to keep a straight face, I just turn to stare blankly at him (preferrably while making a cud-chewing motion). If he's going to call me a stupid cow, I might as well act the part.
                            Don't forget the "moo"!
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                              So, new stories, right!
                              So it was YOU who jinxed me!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X