This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pranksters almost killed me

As you may and may not have heard, the water in and around Boston has been contaminated. Somebody called and said that we just needed to run out the water taps because the break had been fixed. Unfortunately, that turned out to be one of those internet prank call types. Its not showing up on my call log, and and we just got another reverse 911 that said not to drink any water.

I'm just scared. >_> I'm glad I didn't drink any of the water.
    Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Oh my. I didnt hear. What happened?

I guess stay tuned to the news for when the water is safe?

Glad you didnt drink.

Comment

Oh, yeah, I was going to ask about that! Hopefully y'all are ok. We've had boil order here and it's hard on restaurant employees. You can't sell soda at all. Looking forward to the SC stories.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth mae View Post
        A water main broke in Weston. They're still trying to get it repaired as of tonight, but they don't know when it'll be safe to drink. It could be days before it's fixed...

Hyena Dandy, glad to hear you didn't fall for that stupid prank. Some people's children, right?

Thankfully it hasn't affected my town, but I just bought a 24 pack of bottled water last week and changed out the cat's water bowl to spring water just in case.
        Not really children, actually. It sounded in the twenties, and there was no laughing. Sounded very professional, actually, and it didn't end show up on my phone's call log either.
        Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

I almost got killed by a prankster once before. I was walking by a tall apartment building - an old one that's 10+ stories tall and the windows can be opened. I saw something right out of the corner of my eye go flying past. Heard a crash and got water splashed on me. Someone in the apartment building tried to drop a plastic shopping bag full of water on me. It missed, and hit the car parked near me, and took the car's side mirror clean off, so imagine if that had actually hit me on the head.

Comment

You know, when we registered for a water filter, we didn't even think of problems like that. I'm so glad we have friends who understand the value of going backcountry who got it for us.

Comment

Working...
            X