Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*sigh* So close to a crazy free shopping trip. SO....CLOSE...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sigh* So close to a crazy free shopping trip. SO....CLOSE...

Grr, it all happened in the last 10 minutes. 10. MINUTES. Why, gods, why!?!

Ahem...moving on...

No, really, I seriously didn't mean anything by that!!
    I'm standing in the beverage section, and it's a pretty crowded place for a Sunday, so I stick my cart towards the end of the display, tucking it in next to a pallet of bottled water, while I shift a few feet down to peruse to sodas. I'm still on a quest to find a 0 calorie soda that's either not sweetened with aspartame (gives me headaches!) or that doesn't taste like crap. As I stand to look at another shelf I hear a cranky old bad huffing from the end of the aisle, like someone had just flashed her or something...

COB: Whose cart is this!?!?!
    Me: Er...mine. sorry, is it in your way?
    COB: YES! How am I supposed to get to the water??!!
    Me: Ok, no problem, I can move it. I just didn't want to live it in the middle of the aisle and cause a barricade that people can't get around?
    COB: You watch your mouth!!! You have NO RIGHT to pass judgment on me or anyone else?!?!
    Me: Um...wuh...?
    COB: <Stomps to the middle of an aisle where an overflowing cart sits - and I do mean right smack dab in the middle, no one can get around it, not even carrying a handbasket - and shoves it to the end of the aisle. She then stomps back down to where my cart is, grabs a case of water and stomps back to her cart.>
    Me:
    COB: <Glares at me as she walks away, muttering something about how youth have no respect or something, I'm sure...>

What are you, the line Nazi...? "No SCO for you!!"
    I take my eight items up to the self checkout lanes. that's it. Eight items. I figure I'll be able to get through rather quickly once I get to a lane. there's a line, of course, and I go stand in it. Well, there's another crazy lady standing just to the side, yapping on a cell phone and holding basket of stuff, but when the line moves forward, she doesn't. Rather, she just waves people over to free checkout lanes, like she's directing traffic. An SCO opens up and I toddle over, and start scanning. Cue tap on my shoulder.

Her: Excuse YOU!! I was next in line!!
    Me: actually, ma'am, you were on your phone...standing off to the side. <I'm still scanning at this point.>
    Her: I was quite clearly next!! You need to wait your turn!!
    Me: I'm sorry, but you weren't in line, and you were waving everyone ahead of you.
    her: But I didn't let YOU go!!
    Me: Funny, I didn't realize I require permission from random strangers to do my grocery shopping...
    Her: GET BACK IN LINE AND WAIT YOUR TURN!
    Me: No.
    Her: (zomg, i told her no!! le gasp!!!) And WHY not!?!?
    Me: <Holds up my receipt> Because in all the time you were trying to act like my mother, I finished. and by the way, two other lanes have been standing open for the last 3 minutes while you were yelling at me.

And I walk away, while she stands there gaping like a landed fish.

<Sigh> Not TOO bad, I suppose, but jeebus. I just want ONE trip where I don't attract crazy like a gravitational field...

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post

<Sigh> Not TOO bad, I suppose, but jeebus. I just want ONE trip where I don't attract crazy like a gravitational field...
    I hate to tell you this, Lupo...

But we definitely don't want you to have a boring trip. Sorry!

Comment

I picked up a few things at the grocery today and went throught the SCO. While I was scanning my stuff, a woman came up and pushed my things to one side and started setting her stuff down. I just turned and stared at her - I didn't dare say anything because once I started I would not have stopped. I just stared at her until she picked up her stuff and stepped back. And everybody wonders why I hate people.
      "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Lupo....Black hole of sucky customers

Comment

One trip to the store without attracting crazy in Texas? It can't be done!
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Indica View Post
            I hate to tell you this, Lupo... But we definitely don't want you to have a boring trip. Sorry!
            Seconded! These are more fun to read about than Irv's senior days.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Do you happen to shop at Freaky Foods? I remember it as being a Kroger in the Montrose area.
              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post

I just want ONE trip where I don't attract crazy like a gravitational field...
                Okay I guess you can have one crazy free shopping trip. BUT!! Only one and that's it.

* Gives Lupo a coupon for one crazy free shopping trip*
                Last edited by RavenStarr; 05-03-2010, 03:27 AM.
                Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                  One trip to the store without attracting crazy in Texas? It can't be done!
                  Normally, I'd take that as a challenge...but given the mountain of evidence against me...? I think you're right...

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                  Do you happen to shop at Freaky Foods? I remember it as being a Kroger in the Montrose area.
                  No, I actually wasn't at Kroger this time, I was at Randall's, the one in Vanderbilt Square, if you know anything about that. It's the only place I've found that carries the brand of sour cream I love...buh...

Quoth RavenStarr View Post
                  Okay I guess you can have one crazy free shopping trip. BUT!! Only one and that's it.

* Gives Lupo a coupon for one crazy free shopping trip*

Oooh, ooh!! This shows promise! <reads the fine print> not valid in stores on days that end in 'Y', may not be redeemed by holder/issuer/george bush or marilyn monroe. May not be doubled, tripled or quadrupled. Coupon not applicable anywhere

Welp...it's pretty lookin' at least...

Comment

I suddenly have the intense inclination to construct for you a suit of armor crafted out of shiny shiny things; things that no customer can ever resist. Coupons. Dollar bills stuck to a piece of gum on the floor. Free T-shirts. Winning Lottery Tickets. A free pass to an argument to pass the time. .. uh .. ringmail, I .. guess.

Then add barbs to it. Those who throw a punch, get the shaft. Sting a little, and get stung a little. That's what I love about your threads. It's like that critical twist of the arm before their own horrificness is turned against them.

... nothing in this post made any sense at all.
                    SC: "Are you new or something?"
                    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

=lupo pazzesco;7209
                      No, I actually wasn't at Kroger this time, I was at Randall's, the one in Vanderbilt Square, if you know anything about that. It's the only place I've found that carries the brand of sour cream I love...buh...
                      How odd! The sane folks usually go to a Randall's!
                      Last edited by Exaspera; 05-03-2010, 04:27 AM. Reason: typo
                      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I know, that's why I went there in the first place!! (well...that and they had my sour cream...)

Comment

Ah... fun fun pwnage. ^^

Comment

You braved the masses for eight items? Only eight? *squints* Are you really Lupo, I thought she was smarter than that.
                            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Dammit as i said before...

HELMET HEAD CAM!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X