This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Stop

Stopped at a Clark gas station just a few minutes ago. Clerk knows me and has my cigarettes out and ready, love that. Well as I'm paying a very flamboyant black lady (yes, relevant.) comes up behind me and starts rattling off what cigarettes she wants. Clerk kindly tells her that she is not finished with me yet (I haven't even gotten my change and what not back). Lady starts ranting a raving about how the clerk is racist because she serves the "white folk" first just because their white and she's black. I give the clerk and apologizing look, she smiles and shakes her head mouthing, "I get it all the time." And I leave.
    *sigh* Can't I go anywhere in this town without people saying someone else is racist, just once? Is that too much to ask? Apparently it is.

Tasty alcohol and cookies to the first one to get the title reference.
    Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

So she DID see that you were already at the counter, and still played that card?
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Perhaps she serves the "other folk" first because they know how to wait in line.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

After this happened did the clerk say "I'm not even suppose to be here today"

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
          Tasty alcohol and cookies to the first one to get the title reference.
          Clerks 1 and two-and several other facets of the askewniverse....
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth elsporko View Post
            After this happened did the clerk say "I'm not even suppose to be here today"
            Ah! You got it. Cookies and alcohol for you!
            Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

My town actually has a Quick Stop. It's a bit out of the way, though, so I've yet to check it out.

Next time I'm in the area, I'll bring along my hockey gear and some extra balls.
              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

When I lived with my parents, there was a Quick stop right up the road. I *really* wish I owned a camcorder. I would have done a female Clerks right out in the parking lot.

Comment

Working...
                X