This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty containers in the fridge

Title says it all. If we haven't had something similar like this happen at work, we've probably had it happen with family at home...

Cast:

Me: Casual observer
    E1: Tiny female employee serving me
    E2: Tale, kinda tough-looking male employee at least twice the size of E1
    (descriptions are important, as it just makes the visual that much better)

I was really craving some pitas, so I headed downtown to get a buffalo pita.

E1 was making my pita, and when she went to add the buffalo sauce, lo and behold, none was to be found! So she took an extra squeeze bottle and started rummaging in the fridge to find supplies to mix up more sauce, and produced a large, empty container of hot sauce.

E1: (muttering) "WTH?"
    E1 holds empty container out to E2
    E1:
    E2:
    E1 shoves empty bottle in his face for emphasis
    E1:
    E2: ..........sorry
    E1: "Grrr!" *storms off into back room to find more hot sauce*

Me:

I just found the whole exchange amusing. E1 was able to bring E2 virtually to his knees with just a look and a gesture...and something tells me she's done this before. I wasn't annoyed at the delay at all...I mean, haven't we all been there at some point?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

That reminds me.

Quoth George Carlin
    Ever been looking in the refrigerator and come across an empty plate? Boy that starts me to wondering...

Did something eat something else?!

Maybe the olives ate the tuna! Maybe that chicken isn't really dead yet... actually I picture a little mouse, with gloves and a parka on, you know, just waiting for the lights to go out.

Gotta tell me, in the refrigerator, who is it please who leaves those half gallon milk containers with only that much left in them? I get one of those every time! "Hey, here's some mi-- hmmm! Gad, not enough to drink, better put that back, huh?"

Comment

It's always the tiny women who can scare that easily. The big guys never had to learn it. I'm studying the skill, but I don't think I'm quite small enough to master it.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        I just found the whole exchange amusing. E1 was able to bring E2 virtually to his knees with just a look and a gesture...and something tells me she's done this before.
        That something tells me he's done it before. And will probably do it again, if he can keep the job.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Two things:
          1) This happens ALL. THE. TIME. At the c-store. Coworker J is particularly fond of freezing empty boxes.
          2) Never, EVER, and I mean NEVER underestimate the small ones! (Note that I, at all of five feet tall, am one of said small ones.)
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
            2) Never, EVER, and I mean NEVER underestimate the small ones! (Note that I, at all of five feet tall, am one of said small ones.)
            and remember kiddies explosives come IN small packages
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I r small. Hear me roar!

rawr!
              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Yeah, it's definitely the petite chicks you have to be wary of.
                There's a reason my coworkers nicknamed me "Five Feet of Fury."

Comment

Quoth jade504 View Post
                  Yeah, it's definitely the petite chicks you have to be wary of.
                  There's a reason my coworkers nicknamed me "Five Feet of Fury."
                  There's an obscure quote that sums up my philosophy of less-than-impressive height:

"When his hands are level with your head, your teeth are level with his groin"

I once worked in an auto-parts store, and nobody EVER gave me any crap.
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Teehee! I make my big coworkers cower to my awesomeness! And my fury!

I think it's the lack of sanity that scares them the most. Not my temper.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                      Teehee! I make my big coworkers cower to my awesomeness! And my fury!

I think it's the lack of sanity that scares them the most. Not my temper.
                      Having been in the position of seeing you bloodlessly eviscerate someone with a few well placed words....

It's BOTH the lack of sanity and your temper, m'dear. Remember the lady who worked for my apartment complex after it was robbed? Yeah. That.

Comment

Working...
                      X