This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Way to Start the Morning

Not really a sucky customer, but it sucks to all hell. Woke up this morning, got ready to head to class. My boyfriend, who had been up all night, was finally going to bed. I get out to my truck, get everything situated and as I'm about to pull away from the curb, I look over my left shoulder to make sure no one is coming. As I turn back, I glanced at my boyfriend's truck. Did a double take. Oh fuck.
    The back quarter panel window was shattered, glass was everywhere, in and out of the car. I park, turn off my truck and take a look. Back door is slightly open, so I open it fully. Seemed like everything was still there till I looked in the trunk where he has a big subwoofer and amp.......or had a big sub. and amp. How the hell did they pick that up? That thing weighs a ton! I check the front. Seems they tried to take the stereo as well, but couldn't quite figure out how to rip the dash off to get to it.

Boyfriend was PISSED, which is his right. That was about $700 worth of equipment that he just finished paying for not even a month ago.
    The kicker? My truck was parked right across the narrow street, window wide open (or else I can't get into it, doors are fucked up), stereo in plain view, no hassle in getting that one out, and yet they only did it to his. Not to mention, there was a gps, and several expensive car parts in the car as well, but they only went after the system. Seriously? I feel so bad now, because this is the SECOND time this has happened to him. When I first met him, he had a really nice sports car with an awesome system in it. Someone then decided to bust out the driver's side window and steal it all. This was just last July!

I thought this neighborhood was nice, but apparently not. What is wrong with people these days? And why only his truck? Did they need a system THAT bad? I can only hope the police find the douche who did this soon. *sigh*
    Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Stuff like this makes me so angry!! Maybe he should have an alarm installed. Just the noise should deter quite a few. I'm sorry for what happened.
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

oh, he's gonna. oh is he gonna.
      Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

Comment

Im sorry too.

Alarm that sucker up!

Also id recommend you guys stop leaving electronics in plain view. Makes thieves droool and then they cant help themselves.

Comment

I'm sorry for him; I wonder if they really wanted the system or are selling it; maybe checking craiglist and listings for stereos and subs, see if it turns-up!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It's because of this that when/if I put a new system in, I'm going to have it bolt directly to the floor of the vehicle. It will cost a bit more to have it put in like that, but better to pay a couple hundred more up front, than several hundred later.
            Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
              And why only his truck? Did they need a system THAT bad?
              In my area, most professional car thieves work on orders; they'll have a list of brands, types, that are currently "wanted", and go for these exclusively - less hassle to get rid of, I suppose, and thus, less risk of being caught.

My old car was burglarized, years ago, and the stereo taken. Thankfully, they were truly professionals; broke the lock on the door, instead of smashing the window, so I wasn't majorly inconvenienced, and the insurance paid for everything. Still, it sucked.
              You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

What were the brand names for the sub and amp, So I can keep an eye out on ebay.

Comment

Alarms are great, mine was installed with a remote start about 5 years ago, cost me $400. that's 5 years ago, mind you.

For now, spend $20 and get a blinking LED red light to put on the dashboard. It LOOKS like an alarm, and most car thieves will skip that car if there's a blinky. Use that now, put the system in later, and file the loss with police AND insurance. Police first . Helps if you have serial numbers and reciepts too.

And yes, it sucks.

Cutenoob
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Update: Turns out, a friend of ours who was at our house had his broken into too. Took only the stereo. Not his sub, not his PS2 or anything else. Just the stereo.

We have figured out it is someone who attends the same Automotive school as them because A) They were prepared. They had screw drivers and jimmys (because our friend's window went untouched) and knew exactly what they were after. And B) My boyfriend keeps his sub covered, making it look like a tool box is under a sheet. And, the stereo had been my boyfriend's and the only people who knew that our friend had it in there was him, my bf, me, and whoever saw it when he took his car into class. They were specifically after this system, or else they would have taken more.

And he installed a VERY loud alarm in this afternoon. We're looking into getting cameras set up, with the permission of our neighbors. We've tipped off all the local pawn shops and everyone is diligently searching ebay and craig's list, even some auto parts sites with forums. Plus, I'm getting new doors for the truck this weekend, with working locks and I take my face plate to my stereo in every night. (stereo doesn't work without it and it is not sold seperately from the system.)

But, if you want to help search, we're in Lima, OH (Lima/Findlay craig's list). They are a 15 inch Kenwood sub, with an attached (or seperate if they got the bolts off) Kenwood 1000 watt amp and 7 inch Sony flip up screen stereo.

Comment

Thieves suck in general.

Last year I left my cell phone in my car. They busted a window and took the phone. Now this is a 2006-vintage Nokia 6256i; it's a small-but-bulky flip-phone with a 160x120 screen, no keyboard, and moreover it's a CDMA unit, so you can't just stick in a SIM card and make it work for a new owner. (Well you can try, there's a R-UIM socket that looks just like a SIM socket, but that only works in China as far as I know. A SIM won't do squat if you plug it there.)

What pissed me off so much was that this idiot did close to $200 damage to my car, and for what? A phone that has to be considered an antique by today's standards? That nobody who knows anything about cell phones is gonna give him a dime for? WTF did he think he was going to do with it anyway? I reported it to Verizon, and they put the ESN on their shit list, so nobody is going to reactivate that phone ever, and it won't work on anyone else's network. Only thing I can think of is he thought it was a GPS, and when he found he was wrong he took it anyway, just so he wouldn't have wasted his time. Bastard.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                        Thieves suck in general.

Last year I left my cell phone in my car. They busted a window and took the phone. Now this is a 2006-vintage Nokia 6256i; it's a small-but-bulky flip-phone with a 160x120 screen, no keyboard, and moreover it's a CDMA unit, so you can't just stick in a SIM card and make it work for a new owner. (Well you can try, there's a R-UIM socket that looks just like a SIM socket, but that only works in China as far as I know. A SIM won't do squat if you plug it there.)

What pissed me off so much was that this idiot did close to $200 damage to my car, and for what? A phone that has to be considered an antique by today's standards? That nobody who knows anything about cell phones is gonna give him a dime for? WTF did he think he was going to do with it anyway? I reported it to Verizon, and they put the ESN on their shit list, so nobody is going to reactivate that phone ever, and it won't work on anyone else's network. Only thing I can think of is he thought it was a GPS, and when he found he was wrong he took it anyway, just so he wouldn't have wasted his time. Bastard.
                        if burn notice is right old cells can be use for bugs and bombs but thats it...

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                          if burn notice is right old cells can be use for bugs and bombs but thats it...
                          And killing electrical systems (sorry, just glutted on seasons 1-3)
                          Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

I have to agree w/ Cutenoob - report it to your insurance - they may be able to pay for the replacement - and since he just finished paying it off he should be able to get a receipt from the store (if he doesn't still have the original) with important numbers for both the Insurance and police. The police i hope were called right away, with that much damage, there's a possibility that the thieves left fingerprints.
                            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

His insurance would not pay it, because liability only around here means if it isn't accident that you caused, it really doesn't cover anything. Yes, we did contact the police right then and there. What did they do? Thanked me and hung up. No squad car showed up, no follow up, nothing. To them, it was just stuff. With this city, theft is thought of as trivial as compared to the murder, rape, assault, and drug problems they see every day. It sucks, but it's true.

Comment

Working...
                              X