This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Classes...Oi Vey!

So, wow...let me tell ya. Ive started my online classes. While Ive taken online classes before, none of them had a required weekly 1 hr long chat.

Hot tips #1:
    *If you're taking an online class, reading the instructions are FUCKIN MANDATORY.
    It was frustrating that 1/3 of what was said in my eng comp II class had already been answered in the syllabus. It was wasted class time. And i had to watch/read while the instructor answered dumb questions like. "500 wrd due on Sundae?" Thats not even really a question! And you spelled it WRONG!

Hot tips #2:
    *If your school is on Eastern Standard Time and you are in a Central Time zone, classes start according to E.S.T..thats an hour earlier for YOU in texas...AS IT STATES ON THE DAMN SYLLABUS*
    Someone spechul logged on @ 12:55 pm for a 12:00pm chat and was surprised that we were wrapping up. She then asked what time the assignment due @ 11:59 pm tonight would be due for her...after she was told there was an hours difference.

Hot tips #3:
    *If youre taking an online class, you should be reasonable with typing and keeping up with an on going chatroom convo.*
    This i cant really fault the persons for, but it was confusing as well as annoying to see someone answer a question that was asked 2 questions ago and irrelevant to the current conversation.

Hot Tips #4:
    *YELLOW F**KIN HURTS MY EYES WHEN YOU USE IT AS YOUR FONT COLOR*
    That ones self explanatory. Lol.

There are others...such as the seemingly torrets typed responses some of my classmates made. I actually, despite having to get up after only 3 hrs of sleep, enjoyed the classes.

Mod Note: I felt this fit best here, but as always, please move where you see fit.

Seeing as it deals with sighting idiot classmates, I'd agree.

I was thinking of doing online classes at first, due to my uh, well, hip problems and already general fear of doing any kinda decently in class. (Something all my teachers, including my two current new ones have been trying to make me admit that I'm smart seeing as I'm doing damn well in class. I still feel its a lucky streak. Or that something far worst is going to happen to me real soon. But hey. Whatever. Teachers are sick of it, and starting to threaten to make me leave class if they over hear me making mention I'm dumb. I don't even do it loud. I whisper it to me, but my Med teacher has ears of a freaking ... uh.. good hearing creature....

But it turned out to be more expensive, as a large chunk wouldn't be covered by any aid I could be given.

I seriously thought that time differences people would know by now! Hell I memorized it myself because I had a passion and incredible skill of knowing what was on at what time when I was a kid at any given day. (This was back when we only had channels 2, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 49. ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, 12, and FOX respectfully).

But oi. It's called a scroll button people, use it! READ THE FREAKING SYLLABUS!!! Seriously. It was the first thing my sister told me to learn and learn well. She's getting a PhD, I figure she of all people would know what is best to learn at a college.

Have fun in Comp! That's what I'm doing too right now. Lots of fun.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Plaid, does your college have a counselling centre? GO THERE! If nothing else, being convinced that you're not smart when you are apparently smart in the areas needed to do well in class will make it difficult to get along with other people. Not that I had to learn this the hard way or anything.

Hint: there are different ways to be smart. Perhaps you are much better at academics than other areas.

Sorry Amina for stealing your thread. They're no better in a brick-and-mortar classroom I can tell you. At least in my online classes (every workterm) we were using discussion forums, so I didn't have to pay as much attention to the other people.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
        Sorry Amina for stealing your thread. They're no better in a brick-and-mortar classroom I can tell you. At least in my online classes (every workterm) we were using discussion forums, so I didn't have to pay as much attention to the other people.
        Lol. Its ok, youre forgiven.

I was hoping with the online format of my classes, id be able to avoid the know it alls and the ones who wont STFU. Alas, that is impossible.

Comment

My worst online class sighting is from a history class I'm just finishing now. We have to post so many responses to discussion questions (to simulate 'class discussions' I guess) and one of the questions asked if Jefferson was a good or bad president. One person wrote that he was one of the best presidents ever because he wrote the Declaration of Independence while in office as president. Bonus dumb points for doing this after the midterm (which covered Columbus-war of 1812), so you probably should have already figured out that the Declaration of Independence happened a few years before we even started having presidents... blah. Gen ed courses make my head hurt.

Comment

Worst online class I had was for Math (which I do need to retake). Someone was having a problem with a certain long donkey equation. Someone posted the answer and that was all. The OP had responded back that the book gave the answer but not the workthrough and that was what they were having problems with.

The person who had originally responded told them they were dumb if they couldn't figure it out. That person (not the op) ended up with a 34% in the class. Really pulled down our curve that ended to be in the 70's.

Comment

I saw an online course for PE.

How's that work? Do Ten Push-ups and click ok?!

Comment

I took an online PE class. We had to go to the gym for so many hours but not at a set time. We also took quizzes online.

Comment

Working...
                X