This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-worker dealt with a difficult customer on Monday

There is an entry on the Outlook calendar for this Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday for an Auto Cad class being taught at the university I work at as a contract parking attendant. The dept. reserving the spots bought tokens for the people attending the class & had the parking fee charged to their account.

My co-worker told me what happend Monday & Tuesday regarding a difficult customer.

The phone inside the Visitor parking booth rings. There is a car at the exit gate to Visitor Parking. My co-worker answers the phone, & the person at the exit gate tells her 1) she is supposed to get free parking, 2) she is here for a class, but did not tell her exactly which class, & 3) to raise the exit gate. My co-worker told the customer she had to go back to the dept. & get a token from them to exit. The customer told he she did not want to go back to the dept. My co-worker repeated herself. The customer told her she would not go back to the dept. & that she wanted her to raise the exit gate. My co-worker repeated herself. The customer told her she would not back up. So my co-worker calls the Parking office. "Nancy" answers the phone, & my co-worker tells her why she is calling. "Nancy" asks her what class was the customer here for. My co-worker told her the customer did not tell her that. "Nancy" told my co-worker the customer has to get a token from the dept. So my co-worker tells the customer what "Nancy" told her. The customer would not go back to the dept. "Nancy" calls my co-worker several minutes later to ask if the customer had backed up. My co-worker told her no. "Nancy" told her she would call campus police. Campus police arrive, & they speak to the customer. Whatever the customer told them made them tell my co-worker to raise the gate.

Then when she get to work today, she told me what happened last night. The same customer did not have a token to exit. There are times when the tokens customer purchase & insert at the exit gate do not work *the token drops down & the exit gate will not go up. After pushing the yellow button to release the token, it drops down* So we collect tokens that do not work & keep them inside the booth. My co-worker gave her one of those tokens.

To hell with that. The second time I'd call the cops again and explain that miss high-and-mighty knew the rules. Hopefully this time they'd make her pay. I can be a jerk when you tick me off.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

But another example of complaining loudly enough will get you whatever you want. *sigh*
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Working...
      X