This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in a 'nym?

Just a tip. If the name of your organization is Christ United Methodist Church, do NOT use your acronym on your correspondence.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

OMG!

Priceless.... Lol.

Comment

One reason of many why I hate acronyms with a burning passion. They can be anything ... even evil. Even Variables Induce Lunacy.
      SC: "Are you new or something?"
      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Abbreviations can do that too. The public library in North Reading, Massachusetts used to abbreviate "North" to "No." on the stamps they used on books.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

CUMC ? I might a little under caffeinated this early in the morning but I dont get it

Comment

Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
            CUMC ? I might a little under caffeinated this early in the morning but I dont get it
            C U M Church, perhaps?

Comment

"Cum See" was my first guess.
              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                Abbreviations can do that too. The public library in North Reading, Massachusetts used to abbreviate "North" to "No." on the stamps they used on books.
                I'm sorry but did they really have "No. Reading" on each of the books?

I need to dry coke off my desk now...
                "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                  "Cum See" was my first guess.
                  That was my interpretation too. But cum church works too. LOL!!

I think I'll wait for the 2nd cumming though.
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Nice title.

I've seen a few choice abbreviations and acronyms in my job, but I'll be damned if I can remember any of the good ones right now.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

When I was in High School, the National Honor Society took us to the Museum of Fine Art in Houston. They gave us nice little buttons which we wore to lunch afterward. Finally, after lots of stares and whispers, some brave soul came up to the teacher and asked why our entire group had buttons with a large red "M F A H" on them.

Comment

Rumor has it that before the South Lake Union Line in Seattle was called that, it was going to be called the South Lake Union Trolley.

People made a good buck off of selling "Ride the SLUT!" T-Shirts!
                        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
                          One reason of many why I hate acronyms with a burning passion. They can be anything ... even evil. Even Variables Induce Lunacy.
                          You wouldn't like my country then. We use acronyms for everything.
                          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

My definition of an expert is: "Someone who knows what all the letters stand for."

The Launch Umbilical Tower (LUT) for the moon rockets at Cape Kennedy was original called the Service Launch Umbilical Tower (SLUT).
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

There is a commerical on tv for a techincal school called UTI. Everytime i hear it i laugh because i would never want to go some where that is named after a urinary tract infection.

By the way the school is call Universal Techincal Institute.
                              "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

Working...
                              X