This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little plastic bags are everywhere...

I figure we're all customers of the local parks system, so...

In recent years, there seems to be a trend in our town with people who will go through the effort of bagging their dog's No.2's, and then leaving it on the side of the trail.

To me, this seems worse than not bagging it at all. I mean, it's bad enough that you're leaving the dog poop there. But if you're going to leave it on the trail anyway, why add plastic to the mix? At least dog poop on its own is biodegradable!

Today, I was walking along a trail in a far corner of town. I had thought that the dog-poop-bag-leavers hadn't discovered this little oasis, but alas! Out of the three bags I tossed at the end of my walk, only one belonged to my dog. One I found gingerly displayed atop a trail marker sign; the other I found a mere ten feet or so from the trash can.

I can kind of understand feeling awkward openly carrying a bag of doodie around, but if you don't like it then get a more discreet bag to carry your dog's crap in. For about $8 I bought a dog walking bag to discreetly carry my dog's business. It attaches to the leash, it has a small compartment for fresh bags and a large compartment for the full ones, and it even has a cell phone holder ('cause I dunno...everything needs a cell phone holder). It covers up the smell quite nicely as well, so you don't offend anyone else on the trail as you pass by them.

I just don't understand how someone can go through the effort only halfway like that, especially where trash cans are so plentiful! Does this happen where other people live?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I agree with you. Why bag it if you're just gonna leave it there?
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Along those lines somebody around here went to the effort to bag a Christmas tree before he dumped it at the side of the road, bag and all.

I don't get it either.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        I just don't understand how someone can go through the effort only halfway like that, especially where trash cans are so plentiful! Does this happen where other people live?
        on the bike trail i take to work I'm counting the bags as they add up-so far there are 7 on a two mile stretch of path-all the same type of bag-so I'm pretty sure it's the same person...lazy people should not own pets...this is why I prefer cats...1 bag per day and I just have to carry it down the stairs to the trash....
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Maybe they think that somebody comes along and picks them up later? The apartment complex next door has a concierge service like this for residents trash bags. (And apparently some of the idiots in my complex think we have it, too. That or they're just too bone idle to take it to the dumpster that's a one minute walk away.)
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

When I used to work at the liquor store, we had that problem. Despite the fact that there was a huge garbage can outside, people would leave their bags every but in the can. On the railings, on the floor next to the can, some moron even set it on the counter and ordered me to toss it for him.

Shudder.
            My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

These must be the same people who manage to leave shopping carts everywhere but the cart corrals. I came out of the store just the other day to find a cart in the empty parking space on one side of my car, when the cart corral was just on the other side. I'm just glad there weren't any dings in my car showing that they shoved the cart at it (I dunno, hoping it would phase through and into the corral?). There's a reason I think more stores should adop the Aldi approach to carts.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
              X