This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world's worst mcdonalds

This was on Friday, I made the mistake of going to the Rose Park McDonalds... I know, I should have known better, but I was in a hurry and I was niave in my hope that maybe Rose Park McDonalds would not live up to it's reputation... sadly it did.
    So we arrive at 10:20, we order our food... we checked, when we entered there were no cars in the drive through, when we were ordering there were no orders on the screen for drive through. Yet after 20 minutes of waiting we saw them take stuff from our order to put into the bags for people in the drive through who had ordered after us
    As if that wasn't bad enough, we ordered two double quarter pounder combos... we received two single quarter pounder combos (yes, we did pay for the double quarter pounders, we didn't have time to check the order though since I was already running late for work and had to have it bagged to go).
    And of course, just for fun, the staff was very rude to those two white folks dumb enough to wander into Rose Park after dark.
    Yeah, last time I make that mistake.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

We have three McDonalds in my area. Well, four, but the last is far away. The one on the new way to work is horrible. It takes them about 10 minutes to make a few burgers and they have no idea about efficiency. If you have 2-3 people at the counter, expect it to take ~20-25 to get your food. The other two are owned by the same franchise (and the same employees) and are vastly more efficient. Unless it's close to close and the young (under 20) manager is there. Then it takes too bloody long because he's flirting with all the girls.
    Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
    "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
    "The queue is..."

Comment

Call the 800 number. 1-800-BigMac7 I believe it is. I know someone who works for the company and she tells me the number dings the store more severely than emailing a complaint or complaining to the store direct. They also ding for each separate complaint, so...

Twenty minute wait time...ding
      Others getting served first with your food...ding
      Not getting what you paid for.....ding
      Rude staff...ding

Don't hesitate to do it, that's what the phone number is there for after all.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

And of course, just for fun, the staff was very rude to those two white folks dumb enough to wander into Rose Park after dark.

I went with some friends to a concert at The Rave in Milwaukee. We went to a McDonalds that was nearby and it was kind of eerie for a bunch of young white guys from the U.P. to be the only white people in a restaurant. I'm not racist by any means but it just felt like everybody was watching us.

I later found out that is a horrible neighborhood and actually pretty dangerous. It was like two blocks down from Marquette University's campus. Milwaukee is just crazy with how quickly you can end up in a bad neighborhood.

Comment

Quoth elsporko View Post
          I later found out that is a horrible neighborhood and actually pretty dangerous. It was like two blocks down from Marquette University's campus. Milwaukee is just crazy with how quickly you can end up in a bad neighborhood.
          Close to campus I wouldn't expect a good neighbourhood. My parents' riding, however, includes the highest and lowest property values in their city.

Comment

I work for a McDonald's, and believe me when I tell you that the total experience time is supposed to take less than three minutes (especially it being a fairly small order, and the fact that the kitchen wasn't backed up). I totally agree with calling head office, as a 25 minute wait for two combos is ridiculous.

Comment

I'd call. Ray Krok is turning over in his grave!
              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Just saw this thing on CNBC about how Micky D's went "back to basics" in 2003 and re-committed themselves to better food, better service, blah blah. Now I tend to avoid the Arches (and most fast food places) as much as possible, but to me not much has changed, and quite often service sucks and they still seem to me to be serving fries that have been sitting under heat lamps for hours. It all depends on the manager. If it's a high-traffic area, people are going to go regardless, crappy service or not.
                I will never go to school!

Comment

Some days I just gotta have a Happy Meal. It also depends on the toy.
                  Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Rose Park scares me. I haven't had to drive through it often, but I'm always on edge when I do.

Comment

Quoth Aut View Post
                      Rose Park scares me. I haven't had to drive through it often, but I'm always on edge when I do.
                      Thanks to the construction on North Temple and it not being possible to turn left off of Redwood onto North Temple, I now have to get off at 7th North instead of Redwood and go around... oh I do not like this detour, the TRAX construction (or me working the hotel as a second job) can end any time they want... OK, so the hotel I need that money, so I'll keep that, TRAX needs to finish though
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                        going to the Rose Park McDonalds
                        Somehow I read that as Rosa Parks. "All customers must eat in the back!"
                        Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                          Close to campus I wouldn't expect a good neighbourhood. My parents' riding, however, includes the highest and lowest property values in their city.
                          The area around the university is nice and filled with harmless college students. Its just that Milwaukee goes from nice to ghettofabulouse in the course of a block. At least thats what I've seen from visiting it.

Comment

Quoth elsporko View Post
                            The area around the university is nice and filled with harmless college students. Its just that Milwaukee goes from nice to ghettofabulouse in the course of a block. At least thats what I've seen from visiting it.
                            Sounds kind of like New Haven. We're in grad housing for Yale, but just two blocks to the west of us the ghettofab neighborhoods start. There's great, awesome people living there (some of them attend our church, and I've met a few others), but there's also the worst crime in the city over there. I really feel uncomfortable when I give rides to church members in those neighborhoods and my husband can't come with me.
                            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

You may have the honours for the worst mcdonalds - we (the Brits) have the honours for the worst KFC
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                              X