This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abry's customer thought his good looks would pay for the meal

I went to Arby's after work to use one of their coupons I received in the mail. As I was waiting to receive my order, a couple (guy & girl) were paying at the front counter. The guy gave the girl behind the counter his drivers license by mistake. She said "oh, is this a gift card?" The guy looked at it & saw that it was his drivers license. He then said "I thought my good looks would pay for the meal."

Maybe he was joking? But who looks at a license and thinks it is a gift card?
    When Angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel.

Comment

I think it might have been just a joke. I've heard that one before, with variants such as "A picture's worth a thousand words, I was hoping this would cover the bill," before actually getting the money out. Heck, I've used that a couple times myself.

So long as he didn't tear her a new one, it might be fine. I'd just like to know how the cashier mixed up a license with a gift card.

Comment

I'm thinking he meant to grab his credit card and accidentally grabbed his license instead.
        To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
        my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

I'm sure he was joking but a good reply would have been, "Oh, so you're not hungry?"
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

No lie, back in the eighties, me and two male friends (one of which is now my husband) went into a pizza joint and the waitress gave us all our food for free. Pretty much every time we went in there.

All because the two guys I was with had the waitress (and the girls in the back) essentially falling all over themselves. I am not sure this girl would have denied my two buddies anything at that point.

Hey, they were cute. Not only did I get free food, but I got quite a bit of material to use to rib and torment the guys later.

So I guess it could happen.

Comment

Working...
            X