This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the OJ roams free...

(title may not have anything to do with my post. Just trying to be creative!! Lol.)

I put this here, but it should really be in a "Sucky Restaurant" forum.. :P

We go to McDs for breakfast. Get some combo meals and OJ and then continue to drive to a bank. Hubby get out of the car and goes into the bank. My daughter and I break out the hash browns and start on the OJ.

It was the most HORRIBLE OJ Ive EVER had. It was sickeningly sweet. Hubby comes back. Says it tastes like syrup (or concentrate) and so we drive back up the road (It was like less than 1 minute away.)

He takes the OJ and goes inside and relays this story

Hubby: Hi. Can i speak to a manager please?
    Employee: Sure. *calls manager*
    Manager: How can I help you?
    Hubby: *explains OJ issue*
    Manager: Oh, no problem. We has this issue yesterday morning. Let me get you some OJ from the other machine.

Manager grabs some new cups and starts to let the OJ flow and apparently it comes out all gloppy and obviously wrong.

Manager: *walks up with cups* Here this'll be better. Have a good day.
    Hubby: *walks over and grabs a straw and tastes one.* Hey, i hate to tell you this, but its worse than the first round. Its horrible.
    Manager: Oh, uh.....*stammers something inaudible*
    Employee: *YELLING* I TOLD YOU WE NEEDED TO STOP SELLING THAT STUFF LIKE 2 HOURS AGO!!!!!
    Manager:*sheepishly* Let me get you a refund sir.

So, the manager KNEW the OJ was bad for a few hours and kept selling it anyways. /sigh

We got our $$ back and just broke into the OJ we had at home. Egg McMuffin was awesome sauce... mmmm.

Uh....that's gross and disgusting and EW!!!!
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

That's what happens when you forget to fish out the Olympic Rat Relay Swimming Team from the OJ machine for a few days.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        That's what happens when you forget to fish out the Olympic Rat Relay Swimming Team from the OJ machine for a few days.
        That is utterly horrible and equally hilarious. Thanks for that horrific mental image.

"Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

One more reason I don't eat fast food, as if I needed another. lol
          Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

This sounds like something you should let corporate know about.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              This sounds like something you should let corporate know about.
              I thought about it, but i didnt want to come off as complain-y since we had gotten a refund.

Think this merits an ebilz email? Lol. Ok, so not so evil. My last email to a corporation about shitty service came back with a generic sorry form.

Comment

I've NEVER found the 'OJ" @ mcds to taste anything remotely resembling actual OJ anyways lol. i just tend to stick to coffee or water if i'm gettin breakfast there.
                Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Concentrated OJ has way too much sugar anyways. Just take your $$ and buy a gallon container at the store.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The Sightings forum works for posts about sucky businesses and employees as well as sucky customers you encounter when out and about:

Quoth Sightings Forum Description
                    Sucky Customers and Workers seen elsewhere
                    Moved it here for you.
                    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I'd certainly send a note to corporate that some training needs to be done about not selling inedible things.

Kudos to the employee for having the balls/ovaries to tell the manager in front of customers that he's a screw up.

Comment

Ok, so I'm thinking that maybe the employee shouldn't have shouted that in front of customers, but for some reason I'm finding that employee to be my new hero anyway. I laughed.

It's been a while since I've gotten breakfast at fast food places, but the last time I did, the OJ was in one of those pre-filled and foil-sealed cups, like we used to get in the cafeteria in grade school. They have dispensers for it now? One more reason for me to get milk next time I get breakfast.
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                          Employee: *YELLING* I TOLD YOU WE NEEDED TO STOP SELLING THAT STUFF LIKE 2 HOURS AGO!!!!!
                          Manager:*sheepishly* Let me get you a refund sir.

So, the manager KNEW the OJ was bad for a few hours and kept selling it anyways. /sigh
                          ....ngh. SERIOUSLY?

...maybe the manager was a newbie?
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

If you think that is disgusting, then be glad you weren't with me the day I decided to stop buying McD's shakes.

I had ordered a shake, the woman, went to fill the cup and nothing would come out. So, she puts glove on her hand up to the wrist, then proceeds to stick her arm UP TO THE ELBOW into the FULL SHAKE VAT!

CHECK PLEASE!
                            Last edited by RoadRanger; 05-17-2010, 11:22 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

From the thread title, I immediately thought someone was going to be complaining about the lack of free-range OJ. Then I had a mental picture of an Orange on a horse wearing a cowboy hat.

My mind is a scary place. I don't even know how I got there.

That being said;

Quoth Amina516
                              Manager grabs some new cups and starts to let the OJ flow and apparently it comes out all gloppy and obviously wrong.
                              Just what was the OJ getting up to in there?

Comment

Working...
                              X