This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clueless thief

My little photo shop is a concession located inside a supermarket. And it's right next to what used to be one of the supermarket's exits, but is now just a locked door at the end of a corridor - it was closed permanently 4 or 5 months ago due to the massive amount of stock just walking through that door.

Anyhoo, I was working away today at my counter when I start to see a mass of orange jackets. Hehehehe, I know what this means - shoplifter being watched by 4 or 5 members of staff. Then the duty manager, D appears as well, so something is definitely afoot...
    Along came the star of the show. A Sony LCD tv in each hand. Mr genius walked straight through one of the checkouts and headed for said closed door. The orange jacketed ones start to head in for the kill, as did D...

D: Excuse me sir...where do you think you are going with those?
    Genius: Outside. I want to show my friend before I pay. I'll be right back.
    D: ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH?? WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR!!??
    Genius: No really, he's outside. I'll just take them out, we'll sit in the car and inspect them, then decide if we want them. If we do, I'll pop right back in and pay for them.
    D: GET OUT!!!! GO ON!! OUT! NOW!!
    (I love D - sticks up for his staff and no mincing of words!)

Genius legs it with said TVs, straight for the locked doors. When the doors don't open for him, he gets a look of pure panic as he realises he's surrounded by D, 5 burly blokes who've been watching him for the past 10 minutes, a security guard, and me and my 2 staff absolutely wetting ourselves at this guys stupidity.

Resigned to his loss, he hands the tvs over to D and heads for the main (open) doors, accompanied by his entourage of orange jacketed guys.

Genius had to make a parting comment:

"You know, you really ought to get those other doors fixed so they open when you run for them - just like they used to"

This story has made my crappy day much much brighter. "You should fix the door." Yeah. We'll get right on that!
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

*offers a snappy salute* "Absolutely, sir, we'll have those doors back up and running as soon as we install the heavy-duty Idiot-Catching Net across the opening!"

I second the thanks for this amusing story - it makes the people I deal with seem almost intelligent by comparison!!
      Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Working...
      X