X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be a FERPA violation.

Comment

The thing is, if this is already public knowledge and he's just letting people know, then it's really nothing to worry about.

Best thing to do is talk to the teacher if you're concerned.
      Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
        Still a major HIPPA violation, whether the teacher was being compassionate and understanding, or not. It's up to the OP to decide whether she wants to report it or not, but that teacher should not have divulged personal health information about an individual student without that student's consent (maybe he had already given consent to the teacher?) It would be like explaining that so-and-so has missed the last week of class because they're recovering from an STD or because they're recovering from a round of chemo-therapy.
        You're right, it is a violation of HIPPA. When my big guy was diagnosed as having Asperger's his elementary school made it public knowledge and you can bet I was beyond pissed, since they didn't have permission to discuss it. I now make sure the schools my boys go to know about the condition, but under no circumstance is it to be public knowledge.

I do know that the schools and I assume colleges have to have permission to discuss a person's condition.
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
        X