This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More School and MAX sightings.

Sorry for rushed post. Not really allowed on here at school.

On the city train going to school today, I overheard a rather loud woman screaming to her fellow person sitting next to her several things.

First off: Her son or brother or someone is now in prison for murdering four people. But get this, is was proven that he was innocent. The judges, the lawyers, even the witnesses came forth and said you didn't do it. However, since they already said he was guilty, he isn't alloud out. Even though he is 100 percent innocent. They just said sorry to him, and they'll try to make his prison stay nice. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

She also went to Fred Meyers and bought a 500 dollar necklace. She wanted it ingrave. They wouldn't do that. So she asked for her money back. They took the bracelet back (yeah, she said necklace first then bracelet next), and told her that they cannot give her cash, they will send her a check. She said ok and left. She was mad because they haven't sent her a check. I had to ask at that point if she gave them her address. She said no, because they didn't ask. She does however get letters all the time from Fred Meyers, saying they will send her the check soon, please be patient. Man... she was nuts.

I have more bitching about some students. In Anatomy Class, we get a graph on monday, and have to label where parts are. We don't even have to spell them, we just have to know what order goes where and such. Real easy. We always have the test on Wed that week. It's been like that since we started. So why do students still freak out over it? Hell, this week since it was the digestive system with twenty parts to know, we went over it alittle more then normal. We even got to play with a body if we wanted too that had removable parts. I did this of course. The students by me choose to talk amoung themselves about something different. Like a third of the class didn't bother doing this. Naturally when it came the test, their eyes bulge out and they start to sweat. "WHAT!!!! THERE IS A TEST!?!?!? I DIDN'T KNOW!!!"

After the test (I only got 2 wrong. Got Iluem and Jujuem mixed up), she had to talk to the class that it's always like this. We get the graph monday, we do test wednsday. She understands life happens. But she will not take the "I didn't know!" excuse anymore. Just be honest that you had other stuff, or didn't have time. We've done like, six tests like this. Its always like this. No reason not to know.

Also writing class. It's not that hard to follow the goddamn work.

WED: We brainstorm in group of upcoming thesis. We do this by writing your thesis statement, you pass it around your group who will put questions on it. You can answer those if you want, but it just to help you get ideas.

MONDAY: First draft Due. You give copies to your group. We read their papers and use a Peer Workshop to give ideas, advice, what could be improved, what we like, etc etc etc.

WED: We give back peer workshop to fellow group so they can do second draft using what you gave and suggested.

MONDAY: Last draft due. You turn it in on top of several sheets. Middle roll is all the peer worksheets that your group did. Bottom of that is your first draft. Proceed to brainstorm for next essay.

But my god. Even my group gets confused. Like last monday, one of them put a completly different thesis of what she was plannong on doing for brainstorm. When I asked her if she was doing that instead of A, she got freaked out thinking that that brainstorm was a completly different thing. She then got confused on the question part.

A good chunk of people do not bring in any drafts to read, making it impossible to do peer workshop. (Half my group does this on regular bases). The rest don't bother to do any peer workshop at all. Then there are those that don't even come back with final draft due to confusion.

I understood all these, on the first day when she explain it. Its in your fucking syallbus. Its on the boards. Its not that hard to get.

I was bitching to my sister, who said I need to get off my high horse and just do my own work.

That's all well and good, but hey, my grade is fucking reliant on those peer workships, and if I don't get them? I lose points. I also lose points if I dont' do peer workshops, but thats hard to do if I don't have a damn essay to read!

I mean, one in my group has had from last wednay to do a first draft. She still hasn't done it. She plan on getting both drafts done next monday, have us read the first draft, write our opinions, then just turn it all in at once. Despite what we writing having no affect at all on final essay.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Ask your tutor for advice.
    You might find she's well aware of the issue, and can tell by the writing style who actually put the effort in to the excercise, and who's coasting.
    (I had a prof who was awful in many ways for my last course, but even he could tell who wrote which sections of a team effort project, and he marked accordingly.)

Comment

all i know is that if i were the professor i would be having little to NO pity for these kids and flunking alot of people and saying well i guess you wasted your own time and your own or if not yours your parents money. maybe you should PAY attention heh

but then i'd also be paying attention to those that put in actual effort. meh this was explained in junior high on how to do drafts....and reiterated in high school wtf happened? I feel for ya Plaid

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        (I only got 2 wrong. Got Iluem and Jujuem mixed up).
        I don't have much to say but I always got those two mixed up too...Glad you are doing well in the class.
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post

That's all well and good, but hey, my grade is fucking reliant on those peer workships, and if I don't get them? I lose points. I also lose points if I dont' do peer workshops, but thats hard to do if I don't have a damn essay to read!
          Talk to your teacher about it. Keep a record of who in your group isn't doing them and tell her. I've always done that with group work, that way if someone slacks off and messes up my grade I can tell the teacher...and they usually are pretty understanding that you had NO way to fix someone else's stupid.
          "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
          -Red

Comment

Ok, hopefully you get this or get it relayed to you by someone else. Talk to your professor, or a course TA, or someone (your academic advisor if you must) NOW. Please do not wait until the end of the term. Most professors (even at university level) will take you getting stuck with idiots who don't work into account. However, there is very little that will be done if you wait until after it hurts your grade to complain. Those complaints don't get taken nearly as seriously, they always come across as "I didn't like my mark, so I'm going to see what I can use to get it adjusted".

Best of luck with the idiots!

Comment

i'm with lexia on this; if it's in the syllabus, there's no reason for confusion. did not read =/= confusion, just laziness. if there is a question, ask it; don't wait until the due date, that's beyond stupid.

it seems like waaay too many people just aren't ready for high school, let alone college.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Ya know, Plaid, I'm REALLY glad I'm not in any of your classes....I'd have beat the crap out of the other students by now. :sweatdrop: Really need to work on my anger issues....
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                X