Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to take this thread off-topic or anything, but since this was a somewhat amusing experience involving being asked if I had a loyalty card......

Sometime last fall, Hot Topic apparently switched over from stamp cards to having a loyalty card like most other retailers......it's called something like "Your friend with Benefits". And when I'd gone there on Halloween, one of their employees was out on the sales floor trying to solicit sign-ups for this card........only when he approached me, it came out as "Would you to sign up for my "friends with benefits" card?" Funny thing was that this guy was really hot, but he couldn't have been older than sixteen.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      My store has started us doing that, too. I just ask the customers if they're on the mailing list, and if they're not, I don't push it any farther. It's an irritating pain in the ass to have to ask EVERY CUSTOMER if they're on the mailing list, because God forbid, the one we forget to ask is a Secret Shopper and nails us for it.
      same situation. and we've been threatened with writeups as well.
      They come every fortnight in our case.
      So far I've passed my last mystery shopper report, with the exception of forgetting to make conversation.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Regarding the loyalty cards, I haven't been asked about them yet at my local Rite Aid. Maybe my area has been excluded from the loyalty card program.

PS. Please don't tell them in case it's an oversight.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

@Ironclad alibi: They tested it before it went chainwide in 4 regions in California, North Carolina, New York and Kentucky. If you live near those areas, that's probably why.

The reason why it's being pushed so hard is because there's a contest where managers and employees can win cash prizes. Those 4 regions are excluded from it because they already did something similar while testing it. Therefore they have less incentive to push. As for the rest of us...
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I've gotten to where I just say, "No, thank you." And if they keep asking me, I just keep saying, "No, thank you." The question flow just peters out.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
            X