X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BURRITOS!!!

well, honestly ive never had one, and they dont appeal to me at all

well the opened a Chipotles just down the street and today was free burrito day from 11-8. when i drove in at 2 there was a huge line on the sidewalk. even towards the end, the line was going down the street and around to the next.

seriously. for free burritos.

idk maybe im missing out on burritoy goodness. but i would never spend that much time in line on my day off, on a beautiful day in line....for a burrito.

Burritos are tasty. But I'm not fond of Chipotle, I prefer Qdoba. And I wouldn't stand in a line that long just to save eight bucks on lunch.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

QDOBA!! Oohhh, I wish there was one near me.
      Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

not qdobas around here

im still eagerly awaiting the states first Sonic, i think they finally "broke ground"

of course, the wait will be even longer, and it will probably be very busy for a while since its the only in the area

Comment

I like burritos, but not enough to wait in a line like that. I bet the customers were asses too. Free stuff=the right to be a jerk.
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
            I like burritos, but not enough to wait in a line like that. I bet the customers were asses too. Free stuff=the right to be a jerk.
            i felt bad for whoever had to make all those burritos lol. and all the toilets for the next 24 hours hahaha

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
              not qdobas around here

im still eagerly awaiting the states first Sonic, i think they finally "broke ground"

of course, the wait will be even longer, and it will probably be very busy for a while since its the only in the area
              SONIC!!!

Sonicsonicsonicsonicsonicsonicsonicsonicsonicsonic sonicsonicsonicsonicsonic!!

*ahem* Noooooo, I'm not mildly addicted to their BLTs...or their Cherry Limeades...or their Chili Cheese Coneys...or their Chicken Strip Dinners...*ahem*

Comment

You know, I've never eaten at Chipotle or Qdoba... Even though they're both in town. Mostly it's because I have no way to get to them, and Mother doesn't like Mexican kind of food... And partly because I have no idea where they actually ARE TO go. We have ample Sonic I can get to, though I can tell you the locations of at least four in town... Though I rarely have fast food to begin with. Makes me wish sometimes I worked at the other Land of the Red Vest in town, they have one of the Sonics next door to them... Then again, my store gets the Wawa, so...
                Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

I LOVE Chipolte!! I am happy that one opened up, now I have a new place to eat when I am in that partof the state.

We have one of it's "cousins" near my job, and I go there about once a month to treat my self to a veggie burrito bowl. Tasty, and low cal.

But staying in line for a free burrito? Not worth it.
                  "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                  "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                    I LOVE Chipolte!! I am happy that one opened up, now I have a new place to eat when I am in that partof the state.

We have one of it's "cousins" near my job, and I go there about once a month to treat my self to a veggie burrito bowl. Tasty, and low cal.

But staying in line for a free burrito? Not worth it.
                    well you can go to Chipotle, then visit me at work! lol

Comment

When the new Freebird's (same style as Chipotle) opened a few months ago, my husband and his co-workers tried to go there for lunch on opening day, around 11:30am. Already then the line was out the door and around the sidewalk (they too were doing free burritos, or nachos, or something.) A friend of our's is totally addicted to Freebird's, he has their shirt and other "souvenirs" and when my husband's group goes there for lunch is the only time that he's on time for lunch...otherwise he's 10-15 minutes late.

Comment

We have Chipotle, Qdoba and Currito all within a short drive for lunch from my office. Unfortunatley the burrito place I *really* like isn't nearby: Moe's.

But wait in that long of a line for a free burrito? Not a chance. Not even from Moe's.
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

not qdobas around here

We got one last year, I have to admit I don't eat there a lot (sitting in my car covered in crumbs just isn't my thing) but I always keep them in mind when I'm out and about doing afternoon errands. Happy Hour 2 -4, all drinks (sodas and their wonderful fruity drinks and slushes - not the ice creamy or coffee things though ) half off. Where & when else can you get a so-huge you can't hardly hold it strawberry limeade (with REAL fruit in it) for slightly over a dollar?

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                          Burritos are tasty. But I'm not fond of Chipotle, I prefer Qdoba. And I wouldn't stand in a line that long just to save eight bucks on lunch.
                          We got a Chipotle not long ago, went once, wasn't impressed. I much prefer Baja Fresh, which is just across the street from Chipotle.
                          Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 05-22-2010, 02:23 AM.

Madness takes it's toll....
                          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

well, honestly ive never had one, and they dont appeal to me at all
                            I can't get over this. I can honestly say you're the first person I've encountered that's never had one. Of course, burritos are just part of the everyday cuisine here.
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I'm not a fan of Baja Fresh; I prefer Qdoba. But I'm strange in that I hate hate hate cilantro (it's so bitter!), and Baja Fresh seems to use it in EVERYTHING. At least at Qdoba I can get salsas that don't have it.
                              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
                              X