Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Chipotle, but not enough to wait in line for a free burrito. I think we have some Currito restaurants, but I've never eaten there, and I've never heard of Qdoba, but I'm willing to bet there's one somewhere in town.

Comment

Apparently not liking cilantro isn't uncommon. A lot of people have a genetic thing where it tastes like soap to them--my fiance doesn't like lots of cilantro but doesn't mind small bits.

I don't love Sonic's food but I can't get enough of the Cherry Limeaides. Mmmmmm. Maybe I'll get one after work...

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
        Sonic > All.
        Except Krystal.
        Shut your mouth.

We have one 2 Krystal's that I know of in DFW.. and the one time I went there, it was absolutely disgusting, it was like eating McDonalds. And the one I went to is inside an old Burger King...

Sonic is good, but nothing matches Whataburger. And In N Out is about to open their first ever Texas location soon, THAT I can't wait for! Also, Sonic carhops are paid tip wages (around $3/hour), but if you pay by credit/debit, you can't add a tip onto the total. Personally, I rarely carry cash, and after finding out how little they make, I always make sure I have enough for a tip on me when I go there now.

Freebirds? OMFG I LOVE FREEBIRDS OMFG TOTALLY OMFG FREEBIRDS OMFG LIBERTY FOIL THINGIES OMFG FREEBIRDS! Their fresh daily made habanero sauce is downright amazing, though the first time I went there I had them put on so much that several employees actually watched me eat the burrito and told me nobody had ever put that much on a burrito before. It hurt, a lot, but damn it was good, and I swear I felt like I was high as hell when I left, probably from the endorphin rush. Also couldn't feel my face for about an hour. Did I mention I love Freebirds? Chipotle ain't got nothin on them.

Comment

krystal?
          freebird?
          in-and-out? (well ive heard about that one)
          what are these places? lol never heard of them

theres a lot of places you guys have that we dont in the northeast.

Comment

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Chipotle and I would love to try them out, especially since I now have one by my house.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
              krystal?
              freebird?
              in-and-out? (well ive heard about that one)
              what are these places? lol never heard of them

theres a lot of places you guys have that we dont in the northeast.
              From what I remember, Krystal was kind of like White Castle, unless they changed in the ten years since I've lived down South. It made me not want to try White Castle for years because the Krystal near my house was so disgusting. But my friends insisted I didn't know what I was missing and made me try it.

Edit: Looked up their website, and the only thing that seems to be the same is the square burgers. Oops. :P
              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Chipotle is good, but it's still not worth standing in line for. One other Mexican chain that I like is Super Mex, and I found out that they just opened a new one not too far from me.

Comment

We have several small non-chain family-owned Mexican restaurants around here that are wonderful! I like to go to those instead of the chains.
                  Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

people are insane when it comes to 'free' anything.

doesn't matter what it is, just use the word free enough.

'FREE hit in the head with a brick.. that's right folks, 100% free. come down tonight at 8pm sharp and you get a FREE shot to the back of your head with a large cinder block.. absoulutely FREE. hurry up, act now, don't wait. It's FREEEEEEEE!!!!' and so on.
                    Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                      We have several small non-chain family-owned Mexican restaurants around here that are wonderful! I like to go to those instead of the chains.
                      I'm with you. I prefer to go to and support the local authentic places.

Mmmmm....El Pinto!
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
                        people are insane when it comes to 'free' anything.

doesn't matter what it is, just use the word free enough.
                        "I don't want any. Oh, you say it's free? I'll take two."

Comment

I saw the subject of this thread and HAD to post this. Sorry, I couldn't resist
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ldZGgdenc
                          "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
                            I saw the subject of this thread and HAD to post this. Sorry, I couldn't resist
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ldZGgdenc
                            Well, that was....interesting....
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                            X