This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crappy apartment

i mentioned mom's old apartment in the "apartment reviews" thread.

personally i don't even think they deserve a 39%, the way things have gone since the new manager took over.

1) New manager claimed the old manager got fired for gambling with the rent money. eh maybe, but there's no proof and (as i'll explain below) he's a thief himself so it's very likely he's just talking shit.

2) new manager is a thief. apparently it's rather well known that he's pulled out people's cable connections without permission, and gone into apartments to remove items... possibly in revenge i'm not sure.

also on the review site, someone posted that the maintenance man stole stuff out of their apartment.

3) new manager abuses the mentally challenged. this one i witnessed first hand.
    The christmas party a few years ago was... ok. but i remember one of the residents was obviously mentally challenged. I'll call him Steve.

the manager made a point of "joking" and "teasing" the man, telling Steve that he had to work and help clean up. Steve thought he was obliged to work.

4) Drug dealers.
    The manager started recruiting in the high crime areas, offering discounts. So he got some drug dealers, yay.

Manager claims he has a "handle on the drug situation" (more like a hand IN it i think) and that "the cops are crooked"

as a note... apparently the cops have stated "We use to just drive through this area for a break. now we hate coming here"

5) Manager also abuses other cultures. One of the residents is Hispanic and doesn't speak a lot of English. The apartment complex had a flea market and one resident - a mall security officer - claimed the woman's son stole her camera.

So the mall security officer proceeded to separate the boy (i believe he was 12 or so) from his mother to interrogate him, and made it clear that his mother wasn't allowed near her son.

The manager sided with the rent-a-cop, claiming she was a real officer... she was in school for it, but wasn't a real officer.

Mom pissed them off... I think the woman may have had a daughter who was better with English. Either way she let the mother know that the "cop" was just a mall security officer and NOT a police officer, and that she had no legal right to corner the child like that, and that the mom had every legal right to go right over to her son.

manager was glaring daggers.

6) The manager was however biased in favor of young attractive women.
    when asked to remind the other residents to not leave the laundry room trashed his response was that the woman doing it was a mother.

mom's attitude was "so what, i had kids too. i never left that kind of a mess behind".

anyway they moved out, actually they broke lease but used a medical excuse (actually a valid one) to break the lease.

i think the apartment complex didn't fight it cos they knew mom would have fought back.

oh and the new complex is a lot nicer
    some things bug mom but... nothing as bad as what the old place had.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 05-25-2010, 06:24 PM.
Working...
X