X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad im not the only onr lol

Comment

Regarding the discussion about what constitutes "iced tea" here is an excerpt from Rules of the South:

Tea - yep, we have tea. It comes in a glass over ice and it's sweet. You want it hot? Set it in the sun. You want it unsweetened? Add a lot of water.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ironclad, you made my day.

And update: I get to deal with this lady tonight. WEE! Won't that be fun. She's at the hotel again.

Comment

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
          When she walked away, the lady started bitching again. This time, not about tea or food, but where she was staying. "First the hotels juice turns off at ten, then the fat front desk clerks says there's no more breakfast and that manager was a bitch.." me to B, my friend and co-worker. "Hell, that's our hotel."
          That's so funny, just the other day I was reading a review on TripAdvisor about a hotel that turned off the juice machine at 10am. Pretty sure it wasn't yours as I was looking at hotels in northern NY.

Comment

SHW, you're shiny and full of AWESOME.

Quoth Exaspera View Post
            Maybe it just wasn't made the way that SHE makes it? Bring your own next time!!
            You can do that now! Celestial Seasonings have a cold-brew now. I got the peach. It's tasty but I still like my tea hot.

Quoth Dasota View Post
            To me Iced Tea is brewed hot tea, then add sugar if you want Sweet Tea, and then out that on ice itself, or put it in the fridge to cool down, then add ice to your cup if you're one of those people that like ice in their drinks (I'm not)
            Quoted for truth because hot damn.

Of course, if I want iced tea I make it super strong with REALLY hot water, put it in a mason jar and THEN add the ice. Because for some idiot-savant reason I only like the top 2 inches or so of my tea to be cold.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

My way of making iced tea... optimized over time
              1. Get those plastic softdrink bottles, fill them with a cup or so of the juice of your choice. Deep freeze them. I like OJ with a bit of lemon best, but any fruit juice will do.
              2. Make really strong black tea. Let it cool down.
              3. Make really strong peppermint tea. Let it cool down.
              4. Mix both teas one to one.
              5. Fill into the pre-freezed bottles. Add sugar to taste.
              6. Voilá! The tea is done! And you can take it with you to work or where ever you go.

In summer I always have some bottles in the freezer, ready to make tea. It tastes so much better than the bottled stuff you can buy. Most of the time I prepare the teas late in the evening and fill the bottles in the morning.
              No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

@ Jack: Alot of hotels breakfast ends at 10 am.

And by the gods, she's just as rude now as she was at the restaurant. And for those who may be wondering, for all her complaining about the way the hotel worked, she's staying here again, and yes, she recognized me.

She opened her mouth and went to say something and her husband, love the man now, covered her mouth with, "She put you in your place once, and now if you agitate her, we'll be sleeping outside. Just shut up."

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
                  In summer I always have some bottles in the freezer, ready to make tea. It tastes so much better than the bottled stuff you can buy. Most of the time I prepare the teas late in the evening and fill the bottles in the morning.
                  Sound nom-able!

Quoth superhotelworker View Post
                  She opened her mouth and went to say something and her husband, love the man now, covered her mouth with, "She put you in your place once, and now if you agitate her, we'll be sleeping outside. Just shut up."
                  I love that man now. Can I has him?
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                  X