This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the best pick-up line in the world

Now that the weather's finally turned decent and hopefully will stay that way for the next several months, we've begun taking our breaks outside again. We just sit on the sidewalk in front of Radio Shack. Nobody's ever told us we have to move away from there.

So we're just chillaxin' on our lunch break, watching people stream in and out of cars and give us "Hrrmmmppphhh, lookit the wage slaves sitting around not helping us" cat-butt faces, when this skeezy-looking guy comes around the corner and fires up a cigarette and takes a couple puffs.

"Hey there, are you enjoying the beautiful day we're having today?" and we turn and regard the skeezy-looking guy because it appears he's trying to communicate with us. "Yeah, nice day."

Then skeezy-looking guy decides to chat up my younger, female co-worker. "Hey, do you have a boyfriend?" and she answers in the affirmative, because she lives with her boyfriend after all.

"Oh. My ex-girlfriend's father doesn't want me around her any more." and we decide that would be a good time to get up and head inside.

When we get inside, we find that skeezy-looking guy had chatted up a couple other co-workers, because at the swamp we do employ all kinds ladeez. And it was the same routine--do you have a boyfriend, female answers she does, he says his ex-girlfriend's father wants him to stay the hell away from her.

One of the girls who got hit upon told me "Somebody should search his house for body parts or something." I dunno. Guy could just have no clue whatsoever how to talk to women, or he could be a psycho.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I hate skeezy men. With a passion. I wish they could all be shipped to a deserted island without their windowless vans.

They are just so creepy and nasty. One attempted to pick me up Monday morning when I went to get my mail.

Nothing keeps them away, and nothing detours them.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

He should have tried "my two favorite things are commitment and changing myself"
      !
      "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Maybe if the women said something about "wanting a baby and a house now," the guy would leave skidmarks?
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I've always found the best pickup line to be "excuse me, but does this rag smell like chloroform?"

Comment

Sounds kinda like a few guys in the anime club...no social skills whatsoever (that might be why we decided no field trips as there would be nobody from the host organization to rein them in).

I tend to get hit on by panhandlers if I'm wearing anything "nice" downtown...for awhile I was wearing an old wedding band to try to ward them off but it started to backfire Only our friend the Spare Change vendor gets to joke around with pickup lines.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
              I've always found the best pickup line to be "excuse me, but does this rag smell like chloroform?"
              *snort*
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                "Oh. My ex-girlfriend's father doesn't want me around her any more."

And it was the same routine--do you have a boyfriend, female answers she does, he says his ex-girlfriend's father wants him to stay the hell away from her.
                "Then why would I want you around?"

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                *snort*
                Probably not the best response.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I prefer the one "Did you hurt yourself when you fell from heaven?"
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                    Maybe if the women said something about "wanting a baby and a house now," the guy would leave skidmarks?
                    Remember Rule #1 before highlighing the following.

He would probably leave both types of skidmarks.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

A local university tested this on people in the city, me included and like everyone else i took a big whiff before thinking "Wait!".....So it is university tested and proven that this works much better than any other line....lol

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                        He should have tried "my two favorite things are commitment and changing myself"
                        Does that dummy have a brother?
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                        X