This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I in a Wendy's commercial?

Today my mom and I went out for lunch at a steakhouse and it was very nice, not busy at all and we ate out on the patio. My mom ordered a chicken panini and I ordered a burger. The waiter didn't ask me how I wanted it, but I figured I'd eat it however it came. So it came and it tasted okay but somehow bland. I thought "well, it's not great but not bad either". After a couple of bites I decided to open the burger and see how the beef was cooked, and I couldn't find it. There was lettuce, tomato, cheese, and a few slabs of peameal bacon and under that, bun. Seriously, how can you forget to put beef on a burger? It's kind of the most important part!

So I went inside and told the waiter about my lack of beef, and he was like "That's really weird! I don't know how that happened!", apologized, came out and got my plate and brought back a fresh plate about 15 minutes later. I ended up continuing to eat after my mom had finished, but that was okay. I wasn't mad because I found it just hilarious that they would forget to put the burger on my burger. It seems kind of weird now that I didn't notice while I was eating that there was no beef, but I think I just naturally expected it to be there and put down the lack of flavour to it just being a bad burger. Anyway, it was the funniest thing to happen to me in weeks, sadly enough.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

wheeeeere's the beef?
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

That's seriously awesome, man. I would have been laughing harder than I would have laughed in weeks. Pretty sure of that.
      SC: "Are you new or something?"
      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

I'm glad you and the employee both had a good chuckle. But why did it take 15 to replace a burger?
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Last time I ate in a Wendys, the burger was so thin you could have read the Wall Street Journal through it. Maybe the burger evaporated under the crushing weight of the lettuce?

Actually, that thin burger thing was only one thing that happened. The other was that I had gas so bad that here we are a couple years down the line and I still remember the unbelievable case of the farts that place gave me. Jeeze.

Maybe they ought to rename that place "Windys".

Comment

"Eating it however it comes" is good only to a point.... and a burgerless burger is past it
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              I'm glad you and the employee both had a good chuckle. But why did it take 15 to replace a burger?
              No idea. I guess they made the whole thing from scratch, including fries. I did get a whole new plate. Then again, our waiter was pretty slow. It seemed to take way too long for him just to bring our drink orders. He was nice though.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
              X